Comments

siglersmalz wrote on 5/24/2009, 8:36 PM
It should be as simple as dropping the soundloop folder(s) into your soundloops directory.

When you installed MM14 originally, you chose for the software to be for all users or for only the current user.  Depending on your selection, you need to look in the "My Documents" folder for either all users or the account you used to install the program.

In "My Documents" (or just "Documents" on Vista) you should see your Music Maker 14 folder.  In side that folder you should see a folder called "Soundloops". 

If you don't see the Soundloops folder, just find it on your PC, it's in there somewhere.  Just drop your new soundloops folders into that one and start up MM14, it should load the new soundloops into the database automatically.

Tim
siglersmalz wrote on 5/26/2009, 11:32 AM
OK - after snooping around MM14, I noticed the key to locating the file for the existing soundloops.  Click your "Soundpools" tab to bring up the existing items.  Click any one of the available soundloops and look at the very top of MM14 (just to the right of the "Help" menu.  You should see the full path to the soundloop you clicked.

On my Vista box it says, "C:\Users\Tim\Documents\MusicMaker14PE\Soundloops\Ambient Vol.6\Guitar\Dreamful1.OGG"

Since the file type is "OGG" you could also do a file search for that type of file, too.

Good luck

Tim
Former user wrote on 5/27/2009, 2:24 PM
have you tried clicking on your catooh file in documents and then clicking on move file?from there when it wants you to choose the destination of where you want to move your file i would open the magix program folder via local disk,click on magix folder, then your version of magix folder,and this screen has the folders:synth,audio video,audio effects,ect.your soundpool folder should be here also.choose this one as your destination and let the computer move this file for you.maybe they will be there then.....by the way on mine the soundpool is a DAT file not a folder.