Importing and working with SVG (text) from Illustrator

Manuel-Vidis wrote on 10/27/2021, 1:07 AM

Hi. I have been using Xara products for years and am well pleased. Recently I have also started working with Adobe Illustrator because it gives me another dimension of working with text. I have created text on a cylindrical surface with adobe and then exported it as an SVG to use in Xara for creating 3D effects (which by the way illustrator doesn't hold a candle with working in a 3D medium). I was just playing around with it several days ago and imported the SVG text into Xara and it opened perfectly. I then tried to create a bevel effect to give me text depth. Unfortunately I must have had constipation of the brain because I actually did a pretty good job of making a cylindrical text warp with a 3D depth. I don't know what I did right then that I'm not doing right now but I just can't get the bevel to work. I keep getting words that looking like they just blew up with all sorts of angles coming off of them and yet I did it before. Something between open the SVG file then trying to set up a bevel has gone awry. I apologize if I sound crazy but know I did it before and it looked great but now I'm at a loss. Please help.

Manny

Comments

No comments yet - be the first to write a comment...