Importing an mp4 file into my project...

tchapman wrote on 10/1/2009, 7:39 AM
When I import an mp4 video into my Movie Edit Pro 15 Plus porject I get only the video and no audio. I have already done the one time activation to be able to use mp4 files, but nothing I do seems to help. I have already restarted the computer to see if that would make a difference, but unfortunately the problem is still there. How can I get mp4 files imported into the software without loosing the audio?

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 10/2/2009, 5:02 AM
Hi,

Can you check what audio codec is used in these files? I assume it's AAC, but can you use this free codec analyzer tool to confirm this?

http://gspot.headbands.com/

If you could uploaded a sample file somewhere and post the link here, that would be even better.

tchapman wrote on 10/2/2009, 5:46 AM
Hi,
I ran my video through the gspot analyzer tool. The audio information that came up is as follows:
Codec:  mp4a: MPEG-1
Info: 48000Hz  (2 chnls)

The first box is blue and the status is undetermined.
At the moment I don't know of a place to post the file itself. If you have any suggestions I'd be glad to post it to make it easier.

ralftaro wrote on 10/2/2009, 9:14 AM
Hi again,

Looks different from what I expected. No AAC sound, I guess. Is your MPEG-2 codec already active? Maybe that needs to step in for MPEG audio decoding. Try one of the following sites to upload a sample clip:

TransferBigFiles.com
YouSendIt.com
RapidShare.com

That might help to figure it out.

tchapman wrote on 10/2/2009, 12:04 PM
MD5: C8C697E1B986E7E75313E805DB5DC6E9