Imported images are distorted

MauX-65 wrote on 1/9/2021, 8:36 AM

Hello to you all.
I bought Photo & Graphic Designer software and it works fine.
Within the program, additional contents are offered including Photo Manager 16.
I have a problem with this last program: if I try to import a photograph taken with my digital camera the photo is displayed correctly if I try to import an image downloaded from the www.pexels.com site the image appears  completely distorted (see attached file).
I have tried with several photos, but the result is always the same.
The same images are displayed correctly in Photo & Graphic Designer and other software like Windows Photo or ACDSEE Pro.
Can you kindly help me?
Thanks in advance.

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 1/9/2021, 9:47 AM

@MauX-65

The "Import" function in Photo Manager is solely for the transfer to computer of images from a digital camera. For images that are already on your computer you simply need to point PM to the folder where it is stored and it will be added to the app's database. In your situation, you need to have downloaded these stock images to your computer before pointing PM to any folder(s) where they are stored.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

MauX-65 wrote on 1/9/2021, 11:25 AM

Thanks emmrecs for your support.
What you describe to me is exactly what I did: the image was downloaded to a folder on my pc and from there it was imported into the program.
The same thing goes for the images taken with the digital camera: they always come from my pc folder ....

MauX-65 wrote on 1/9/2021, 12:13 PM

Ok it's not a definitive solution but I was able at least to partially understand the nature of the problem.
If I open the photo in ACDsee and export it by removing the metadata from the original photo downloaded from www.pexels.com, the image is displayed correctly in Photo Manager 16.
I tried to download a photograph from https://pixabay.com and it displays correctly without any problems.
Therefore, there must be metadata, information that the Pexel site puts in the image (a sort of watermark) that in some way Photo Manager cannot decode or rather to read correctly.

browj2 wrote on 1/14/2021, 6:01 PM

@MauX-65

Hi,

I can't help with your problem, but I do want to point out that nothing is "imported" into Photo Manager, unless it's into the database, which is just filename and path. It's a viewing program for the most part, even though you can do some light editing of photos.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

MauX-65 wrote on 1/15/2021, 12:39 AM

Thanks brownj2 for your interest.
I have tried several ways but the problem persists, the only way to be able to view the images I download from pexels.com is to remove its metadata as I indicated in the previous post.
It is not a big problem since I can still use ACDsee Pro 9 as a viewer for photos while for photo editing I obviously prefer to use Photo & Graphic Designer.
I can easily live with this little inconvenience!