Import video

KjellTorbjrn-Steinhaug wrote on 3/6/2020, 10:03 AM

I'm trying to import video from a video recorder (Philips DVD755VR/00). I have connected the cables like in the manual and start the program (Magix Video easy) and select "Create new video project", enter the name for the project, choose OK and select "Import videos from analog sources". In the page then shown, MAGIX do not appear in the page. I'm not sure what format of video I try to import, but I wonder if it's Hi-Fi, will the same as described over happens? Or have any, other suggestions? I use Windows 10.

Best regards Kjell Torbjørn Steinhaug, Norway

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 3/6/2020, 11:44 AM

@KjellTorbjrn-Steinhaug

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Hi

The manual available under Help takes you through the steps to import video from an analog device see the section Import from analog sources.

. . . . MAGIX do not appear in the page . . . .

If youa reon the 'page' I think you are refering to then you should be able to select the source of the recording - this should be the USB device you are using, for quality select best.

. . . . if it's Hi-Fi, . . . .

Hi-Fi does not have any meaning in relation to video quality - it generally refers to audio/music.

If you are recording from VHS tape then the quality you will get will be slightly lower than standard DVD due to the reduced number of lines that VHS records ~ 330 lines.

If recording from a DVD in the player then the best you can get is standard DVD quality.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 3/6/2020, 11:45 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.