"Import for file type 101 is not possible" errors

dave-b3271 wrote on 8/9/2024, 9:35 AM

I've just installed the new version of Audio Cleaning Lab, after being familiar with an old version for years.
This version seems mostly the same (which is what I hoped), but I'm getting some errors.

One feature I use a lot is the DeNoiser, but now if I click the "Pick" button it seems to do nothing, and when I press the playback button to check, it throws up a warning "Import for file type 101 is not possible!"

I also tried to use the "remove hum" function, which I use a LOT due to a strange problem I have where one of my mics always has 50hz hum and I have to remove it in Audio Cleaning Lab every time, but again I got the file type 101 message but this time it froze the app completely so I couldn't dismiss it.

I tried another way of doing a similar thing (and sadly I can't remember what that was now so I can't replicate it!) but that time the error message was "Error while writing noise sample file".

I'm starting to get really worried! Is there a way of getting this app to work properly again?

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/9/2024, 12:00 PM

@dave-b3271 Yeah, this is a problem in the 64 Bit version of SFACL 4, but to my experience this is only a visual problem. The software tries to create the waveform for the noise profile and then this error comes up. But usually, I can ignore it by simply closing the error message or by disabling the DeNoiser effect, then clicking on the Pick button and then enabling the DeNoiser effect again.

Alternatively, you can use the 32 Bit version of SFACL 4. The error will not appear there.

dave-b3271 wrote on 8/30/2024, 11:53 AM

Alternatively, you can use the 32 Bit version of SFACL 4. The error will not appear there.

It's nearly time for my trial to run out and for me to buy the software, which I'm basically happy to do - I just want to check this isn't going to be a huge problem going forward.

I've tried to install the 32-bit version, and whenever I try to run it I just get an error message:
"The program could not be started. It's possible that the installation folder is damaged.

Reinstalling the program could remedy the problem.
If the error occurs again, please contact support.

Error code: -1"

I've reinstalled it, and that hasn't changed it. Anyone have experience with this? It's starting to feel like they've put barriers up to stop me using this software whichever way I try, but I've been using it for so long now and not found anything else that does the specific one or two things I want to do with it, so I can't just give up!

SP. wrote on 8/30/2024, 12:01 PM

@dave-b3271 Maybe your Antivirus or Firewall blocks it?

dave-b3271 wrote on 8/30/2024, 12:20 PM

@dave-b3271 Maybe your Antivirus or Firewall blocks it?

If so, I don't know enough to find out or stop it. Any tips?

Edit: I said that after twenty minutes trying everything I could think of, I didn't just give up straight away :)

SP. wrote on 8/30/2024, 1:39 PM

@dave-b3271 The easiest way might be, to simply right click on the program icon and then select to run the program as administrator.

Regarding the Firewall/Antivirus, I don't know what you use. I don't have anything special, only Windows Defender, which I can simply disable temporarily via the Windows settings.

dave-b3271 wrote on 8/30/2024, 3:42 PM

@dave-b3271 The easiest way might be, to simply right click on the program icon and then select to run the program as administrator.

Regarding the Firewall/Antivirus, I don't know what you use. I don't have anything special, only Windows Defender, which I can simply disable temporarily via the Windows settings.

Same. Alas, neither of those things worked. Thanks though, definitely worth a shot.