import date

Paul-Steyfkens wrote on 3/1/2020, 2:32 AM

Can we change the structure of the folder created by importing Photos?

Now it creates the folder as "yyyy-mm-dd, day of week", which really is a dumb format.

Should be a selectable option or something like "yyyy-mm-dd" or "yyymmdd"

I hoped that after more than 8 years(bought it the first time in 2012) they would have put these simple options in it.

Feels like i wasted my money (again) on the latest version.

PS.

Do people actually work on your support devision?

Logged a cases or 2 about this, But never received any response, except an automated message.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 3/1/2020, 4:28 AM

@Paul-Steyfkens

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Please note this is a user to user forum and not Magix Support.

. . . . it creates the folder as "yyyy-mm-dd, day of week", which really is a dumb format . . . .

It is a format that enables user readability and sorting by name to work correctly due to Windows treating numbers in file and folder names as characters.

A yyy-mm-dd format will not work correctly when sorting by name as would other formats, such as dd-mm-yy or dd-mm-yyyy, would have issues when sorting by date.

Once import is complete right click the folder and change its name.

. . . . Do people actually work on your support devision? . . . .

All support is carried out through a Ticketing system, this ensures that every issue is logged and forward to the appropriate development team.

What you are wanting is a feature request.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.