I originally burned a video dvd in photostory 3. When I upgraded

jdorio wrote on 6/16/2009, 3:40 PM
I originally burned a video dvd in photostory 3.  After I upgraded to PS 6, it tells me the file is corrupt. Why is that? I really need to get to this dvd so I can make copies for my family.  I can't even burn another from the original.
This is from my parent's 60th wedding anniversary.
PLEASE HELP!!
Thanks

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 6/18/2009, 5:42 AM
Hi,

What file are you referring to? The files on the created video DVD, the project/slide show file or both? Unfortunately, there's no guarantee that the project files created in a much older version of the program can still be opened in a newer one. The program just keeps changing too much. It can work, but don't be surprised if it doesn't. Also, there might have been other changes in the system. Keep in mind that it's not just the project file that makes up your slide show. All the original source files are just referenced in the project file and still need to exist on your hard drive and be located in the very same location. Beyond that, the file could have become truly corrupted for reasons not in any way related to PhotoStory or your version upgrade. Generally, it might always be a good idea keep the old version on the system and finish up your old projects there.

Now, if the DVD you previously burned has become corrupted, that would also be something that is in no way related to your version upgrade of PhotoStory. If it still does seem to read on your computer, you could just copy the "VIDEO_TS" directory back to your hard drive and use a burning application to create further copies of it. You wouldn't use PhotoStory for this task.