I need help figuring out

Debbie-Burdick wrote on 9/30/2020, 3:56 PM

Hi everybody!

I'm not sure if I am even posting in the correct place. Please forgive me if I'm lost!

I need help figuring out how or if it is possible to do something similar to https://thewestsidestorey.com/ under the featured products, the Apparel, Vintage Clothing and Accessories section that goes all the way across the page and has an overlay that is linkable!

I've tried Hover Link 1, but on different sized monitors, the left and right photos/words are cut off.
I've tried grouping the images together and telling it to be full width which is great for different sized monitors but i lose the hyperlinks to any photo that is "on page"
Even on an Instagram Feed that I used HTML from the content catalog for, any photo that sits "off page" the two photos on the far left & right when you put your mouse over them, they show hashtags but anything on the page, doesn't do anything, whyyyy!?

I'm using Xara Designer Pro X to design the website.
Here is a link to my sorry attempts: http://14.testkc.com/

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 10/1/2020, 9:50 AM

@Debbie-Burdick

Hi

Assuming the purpose of the website is eCommerce then Xara Designer has to use an eCommerce widget, ie a third party eCommerce shop solution, which hosts all the images, and provides the functionality, including payment handling, necessary to run an on-line shop, ..

Xara Designer Pro websites in themselves do not have the necessary functionality required to set up or run an on-line shop.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.