I'm using Magix Music Maker Deluxe 12, and when I try to record my instrument, and some vocals onto the track, they playback about 1 or 2 seconds late.

MusiqVibe wrote on 8/4/2008, 9:10 PM
It is almost as if the recording is delayed, and thus does not coincide in time to the beat on the track. I have tried setting the Playback "pressing P" to ASIO, but then I hear nothing at all. The song plays, but there is no volume. PLEASE HELP!

Comments

curtday wrote on 8/5/2008, 8:35 PM
read up on "latency" and ASIO on the net.
Also record without listening live till you get your latency fixed. If your computer is slow converter it may continue till you get your soundcard buffed up.

NoTurning wrote on 8/7/2008, 7:53 PM
It's definitely a latency problem. The silence is a separate issue.

What recording interface are you using? The silence usually only occurs with internal "home user" sound cards. These are not acceptable for recording.

You'll have to change the input source in the advanced sound settings in windows to hear anything.

Let me know what you're using,
Justin
Singey wrote on 7/1/2009, 6:43 AM
I have this same problem now that I have upgraded my PC. Not only can I not run V12 on my new PC (I was able to run V12 and V15 on my old, inferior PC)  but I now have this sound delay problem in V15 that I never had before. Was anyone able to fix this?