Comments

Man o' Lakes wrote on 8/7/2008, 5:59 AM
You really are going OT on this one. Try getting the vocals clean out of track with vocals and music. Very hard in a professional program, but the features in MEP won't offer you that sort of power.

Unless you got a multitrack recording of the songs you wish to use, and the software to isolate vocals, it won't work
siglersmalz wrote on 8/20/2008, 8:24 PM
You need to use a program that has the technology to remove vocals.  I use a small, inexpensive sound editor from

http://www.topofbestsoft.com/index_download.htm

The program is called Audio Maestro Sound Editor.  It's really old and I'm surprised the web site is still up.  They haven't done an update in years, but the program works great and it has "remove vocals (karoke)" as an effect, which actually works well.

Whatever program you use, you need to process out the vocals into a new sound track file and then pull that file into MEP.

It's not clear how useful this magix.info resource is.  You should post your question at Boycalgary's unoffical MEP forum:
http://www.newdogdigital.com/Support_Board/viewforum.php?f=5

Someone will help you.
ralftaro wrote on 8/25/2008, 2:41 PM
Hi there,

I guess the key question here that hasn't been properly addressed yet is the possibility (or lack thereof) to author video DVDs with multiple audio tracks. I'm afraid this is not possible in Movie Edit Pro. Being able to author multi audio track (and likewise multi angle/camera) video DVDs is typically a sign of more professional/pro-sumer DVD authoring software packages. You will find this possibility in few products that could be considered consumer level.

The questionable "karaoke" feature is even part of some Movie Edit Pro versions, at least the "Plus" versions that have the Mastering Suite. I can't say anything about how well it works in comparison to other software. Usually, the results of this effects depend a lot on your source material (type of music and characteristics of the mix) and are never very satisfying. So, yeah, really you will need a proper multi-track mix of the song in question if you wanted to create the perfect karaoke DVD you had in mind.