I have Photostory 2016 Deluxe. The BURN does not work in my DVDD

huckwagon wrote on 11/19/2015, 10:07 AM

I have succsessfully burnded two DVD's using PhotoStory 2016 Deluxe.

However they do not work in my DVD.

Once I burnded using AVCHD - when I put that in my Sony DVD player us says "CAN"T PLAY"

Once I burnded using DVD and that was even weirder " Playback Prohibited by area limitations"  

What in the world does that mean.   

BOTH disks work in my compter.

So - this is my last test of Photostory - if I can't write a disk, I can't use the software - and I can't seem to find the help I need in HELP.

Kristen

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 11/19/2015, 12:15 PM

Hi

. . . . Once I burnded using AVCHD - when I put that in my Sony DVD player us says "CAN"T PLAY" . . . .

AVCHD is Blu-Ray format which a DVD player cannot read - note: it is possible to burn Blu-Ray video to a standard DVD disc

. . . . Once I burnded using DVD and that was even weirder " Playback Prohibited by area limitations" . . . .

The error message means the player cannot play the disc because the disc is set to a country region or the player is not set correctly for the region you are in - see this article for more information.

Has the DVD player been 'hacked' to play discs from all regions?

You need to check the player is set to the correct region - you will have to consult the manual or search the Internet for how to do this.

However - Photostory should create region free discs ie region 0 or region 9.

. . . . BOTH disks work in my compter. . . . .

This would suggest that your DVD burner is set to the wrong region - you can check by using Windows Device Manager as shown below - I am in region 2 as you can see.

If necessary you can change the region here, however note that you can only change the setting for a limited number of times and after the final change the burner is locked to that country region.

Note: making changes to the player or DVD burner are at your own risk.

HTH

John EB

Last changed by johnebaker on 11/19/2015, 12:21 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

huckwagon wrote on 11/19/2015, 12:29 PM

My DVD burner is set to Region 1    (US and Canada))   So that should work, right?   I've burned other video disks to this burner and they worked.  Does PhotoStory have regions?    

huckwagon wrote on 11/19/2015, 1:44 PM

Thanks for setting me into checking ON setting...

I was on PAL not NTSC...

Worked fine, video perfect