I have Photo Manager 16 Deluxe

Joseph-Irr wrote on 8/12/2020, 12:58 PM

Hi,

I am exporting photos for use in a digital frame.

Every time I export photos to a USB drive, I get an error message.

A playlist can not be created for this device as it does not support playlists.

It exports to USB disk after I click OK, however the photos do not display.

Photo frame says no photos found, but they are there.

I have reset Photo Manager back to Defaults with no change.

I have reformatted NTFS USB s to Fat32s. No effect either.

Any thoughts? Am I missing a setting or preference in Photo Manager?

Very Respectfully,

Joseph Irr

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 8/12/2020, 4:35 PM

@Joseph-Irr

Hi

Using Photo Manager to create a slide show and save this to a digital frame is not necessary.

I would suggest you read the digital frame manual for how to put pictures on it and the file/folder structure necessary.

For the digital photo frames I have seen you need only transfer the jpg images directly, using Windows File Explorer, to the digital frame when it is connected to the computer, once transferred the frame can be disconnected from the computer, in your case if the frame can also play from a USB device check the file/folder structure needed as above

Note if you want the images to play in a specific order I would suggest copy the images to another folder, rename them in an alpha numeric order of play eg image001.jpg, image002.jpg etc for the digital photo frame should then play them in the correct order - this does assume it has options to set the display order.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.