I have MAGIX Xtreme Photostory CD & DVD 8 deluxe download version

xxkatexx wrote on 8/22/2010, 5:08 AM

I have MAGIX Xtreme Photostory CD & DVD Deluxe downloan version and have my slideshow on but where I have no media and the area is grey if I move the cursor over the area I can see parts of the begginning of my slide show starting to play but there is nothing there to delete??? How do I get rid of this? The slideshow is about 30 mins long but I want it to finish around 15 min. Hope someone can help!!!! x

Comments

john-auvil wrote on 8/24/2010, 11:19 AM

You are in timeline mode?

I am not sure I totally understand. Are you saying that the area looks blank but when you play it, there is media there... 

Is that were the playback cursor is?

Man o' Lakes wrote on 9/2/2010, 4:56 AM

Hi there, it sounds as though you might have a 'ghost file'. The following should crack it for you.

Open the program and load your project. Click on the Optimise timeline view (Round button with 4 arrows) so that ALL your pictures are visible in the timeline.

Under Slideshow choose the option of New Slideshow, but when asked do NOT close the current slideshow! 'Ignore' the slideshow wizard option. Now resort back to the original slideshow by clicking on the arrow next to Slideshow and choosing it from the list.

Place the cursor below the very last file on the right, but within the timeline. Create a box, by depressing and keeping depressed the left button on your mouse and slide the mouse horiziontally to breach into the pictures, then move to the very left. When you let go of the mouse it should have marked all the pictures.

Depress and keep depressed the Ctrl (Control) button on your keyboard while depressing the letter C. Now open the new slideshow, and depress and keep depressed the Ctrl button, but this time depress the letter V. This will insert the whole slideshow, but the ghost file will now be gone. 

Good luck

M o' L

mmpsher wrote on 10/15/2014, 9:31 PM

Hi there, it sounds as though you might have a 'ghost file'. The following should crack it for you.

Open the program and load your project. Click on the Optimise timeline view (Round button with 4 arrows) so that ALL your pictures are visible in the timeline.

Under Slideshow choose the option of New Slideshow, but when asked do NOT close the current slideshow! 'Ignore' the slideshow wizard option. Now resort back to the original slideshow by clicking on the arrow next to Slideshow and choosing it from the list.

Place the cursor below the very last file on the right, but within the timeline. Create a box, by depressing and keeping depressed the left button on your mouse and slide the mouse horiziontally to breach into the pictures, then move to the very left. When you let go of the mouse it should have marked all the pictures.

Depress and keep depressed the Ctrl (Control) button on your keyboard while depressing the letter C. Now open the new slideshow, and depress and keep depressed the Ctrl button, but this time depress the letter V. This will insert the whole slideshow, but the ghost file will now be gone. 

Good luck

M o' L

Man o' Lakes!!! You're a genius! That worked perfectly! I had ghost file through the whole project. Your solution was solid!

Thank you so much for being here,

Sherrie