I have been ripped off.

Tim-Russell wrote on 7/27/2022, 3:18 PM

I recently purchased MAGIX Sound Forge Audio Studio + Acid Music Studio from Best Buy. I install the software and it tells my for 119.00 dollars I can upgrade to 2 thousand dollars worth. I did and guess what, MAGIX took my money, I have no upgrade and MAGIX won't answer their phone. One of their numbers has been disconnected. I got scammed overall for 160 dollars. I still have the redeem card so I uninstalled hoping I could reinstall and the problem would fix itself. But No if you uninstall their cheesy program it won't let you reinstall because it says the code has already been used. MAGIX sucks. But I will sue before I let you people steal from me.

Comments

Graham-Hawker wrote on 7/27/2022, 3:51 PM

"You people" are just users not Magix. There is no phone contact for Magix. There is an email address infoservice@magix.net but they might ignore you if you aren't civil. Check your spam folder for a serial number. The software, which I assume is Acid Pro, is downloaded from the Magix site

emmrecs wrote on 7/27/2022, 4:03 PM

@Tim-Russell

These are user to user forums so no Magix staff will see or respond to your post, sorry. Also, I’m not sure which phone number you called but there is no telephone support for Magix products; all support is via a ticket system.

Just to be clear, no one has stolen anything from you so any threat to sue is rather pointless.

However, I do understand your anger and would like to suggest a method to possibly resolve the problem for you.

First, can we assume you were able to successfully install your original software, Sound Forge Audio Studio and Acid Music Studio? Then, having seen an announcement about an upgrade, you decided to take advantage of this, presumably via the Magix.com website?

Assuming the above is correct you should have received an email confirming the purchase and giving you download links and serial keys. If you cannot find this please check your email spam/junk folder(s). It is not unknown for Magix emails to end up there!

If you still cannot find the email you should contact infoservice@magix.net, giving as much detail as you can about the transaction and ask for their help.

Also, just for information, redemption codes can only ever be used once. For future reference, it is strongly recommended that the user selects to save the installer files, to ensure that any needed re installation can occur.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam