I have a Sony HDR-HC1e HDV mini-dv camera.

ANGUS wrote on 11/2/2009, 2:44 PM
I can get Magix (I have Pro Edit 15) to rewind and fast forward the tape and play it, but I cannot upload or output to or from this camera in HDV. I did not have this problem with my last camera, a JVC 3CCD mini dv camera. I keep getting the warning 'Could not connect to selected device'. The camera is connected to a Dell PC running Windows XP via a firewire connector. Any ideas? 

Comments

massi04 wrote on 11/2/2009, 3:35 PM
Do you have a firewire connection? This should work with Sony cameras.
Clevo wrote on 11/3/2009, 9:51 AM
This is a long shot but you have two options:

1) Try capturing with Windows Movie Maker, though you may need to update the version. I can't remember up to which version XP supported but I'll assume you have all XP Service Packs installed (SP2 at least)

2) Your camcorder would have come with some version of a third party Video capture/editor, Usually a "lite" or SE version...but it's usually tweaked to work with your camcorder. Install it and see if that works.

The above two options are more for testing purposes and helps isolate if it's a Movie Edit Pro problem or more a system problem.

Don't be tempted to install mega codec packs...they, at this stage, tend to create more problems than solve. We  just wan to try and work out where the problem is