I have a a panasonic camcorder model HDC - SD90 (uses SD card only). What options are there to import into computer. Can I put the SD card into a USB reader and then insert the reader into the computer's USB port? Or by using the camcorder's USB cable

rpstoneham wrote on 3/21/2012, 11:51 AM

I have a camcorder that uses SD card only.  I need to know how to import. Can I put the SD card into USB reader, then insert the reader into the computer's USB port.  Can I also use the camcorder's USB cable to import to the computer?

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 3/21/2012, 1:03 PM

Hi

You can use either it makes no difference (so long as you use windows explorer to copy the files from the camera).

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 3/21/2012, 1:03 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

yvon-robert wrote on 3/21/2012, 3:48 PM

Hi,

Coming with your Panasonic Video Camera you have a DVD. From this DVD install the program to transfer video to computer. This program called (HD Writer AE) can be use with the USB cable to link camera to computer. You can download from Panasonic website the program.

Regards,

YR

Santa wrote on 3/22/2012, 12:45 PM

I have this cam and I gave up on HD Writer.

Use an adaptor to plug the memory card into a USB slot. Then woork through the directories:

PRIVATE>AVCHD>BDMV>STREAM>

This will show you a list of all the *.MTS files you have on the card. You can use VLC Media Player (Free) to play them as they are, which enables you to delete any mistakes before you start the edit.

Magix is quite happy to edit MTS files and will export them as MP4s.

yvon-robert wrote on 3/22/2012, 6:19 PM

Hi,

You have no reason to use VLC player with the camera you have the right tool to manage MTS file. MTS file is perfectly compatible with near any good NLE video program. Normally with the camera you must use the internal flash card to shot and save your work. The removable card is for extra storage or to copy from the basic flash card internal memory to the removal flash card.

Regards,

YR