I get "path not found" when I try to transfer video to computer. Why?

Tallica wrote on 9/10/2011, 11:22 AM

I get "path not found" when I try to transfer video to computer. First the video was not visible in the recording dialog box, but then some how I got it there. But still it won`t be transfered because of the path not found. When I choose the advanced view button I don`t find the "Magix USB Video converter" to choose as driver. The driver options is blanck.

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 9/10/2011, 6:24 PM

Hi

Check the path settings for the program and that the folders actually exist and you can save files into them..

The disappearing USB video converter may have 'disappeared' because your computer power management has turned off the device.  You can change the settings for power management in Device Manager - select the USB root hubs as shown in this image and remove the check mark circled. 

Alternatively if you do not want to do this, unplug and plug back in the USB converter just before starting the software. It should then be available.

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 9/10/2011, 6:24 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Tallica wrote on 9/11/2011, 3:21 PM

Hi John.

I am not sure what you mean by folders, that they exist... I thought that was something that was started when I start the program. When I start the session, I am asked what to call the file. I name the file, and then starts a new session. Before the session starts I get a message like this:

"The TV norm "united states" matches the location "NTSC (USA, Japan)" specified in the system setting and does not match the progam setting "PAL/SECAM. Default values are therefore used for analog TV recording. You can set up the TV recording parameters individually using the "Advanced" button.

Here I choose ok and it moves on. The video appears in the little window where I can play it from the VHS machine. But the problem appears when I start the "transfer video to computer" button. Then a window with "path not found" appears.

I tried to check out devices and printers, and I can find the USB on that list which says it is working properly but cant`t find the place to remove check marks. (I need a guide for dummies here).

When I open the window in "advanced view" nothing appears in the hardware & drivers. There it is saying drivers (empty) and settings, and the settings has three boxes saying input, display, format. I`ve tried to change some of them to, but nothing helps (likely because I just tried random things there without knowing what would help)