I dont know how to connect the miditach keyboard to magix so i can compose music.

Deeman wrote on 3/14/2009, 3:44 PM
I use Magix Music Maker Producers Edition 14 and it scome with a midi keyboard wen i bought it recently but i hav noooo idea what so ever to connect it to magix so it can be read and i can start composing my music.
sombody pleaaase help me.
it would be much appreciated.

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 3/16/2009, 4:59 AM
Hi there,

Make sure the keyboard is connected to the computer (via USB), switched on and properly detected by the operating system. Then it's just a matter of choosing the keyboard as your MIDI input device in Music Maker. Open the program and press "P" to bring up the "Audio/MIDI" tab of the Music Maker 14 program settings window. In the MIDI section choose the keyboard driver from the "Input device" drop-down list. While you're in this dialog, you might also want to set the driver model to ASIO, in order to avoid long recording latencies and delays when using your MIDI keyboard. Pick a suitable ASIO driver from the drop-down list underneath. This might be the ASIO driver provided by your sound hardware's manufacturer or this might be a generic ASIO driver, like the "Magix Low Latency 2008" provided with Music Maker 14.

After this is done, you're ready to play/record. Just go to the "Synthesizer" tab and pull e.g. the Vita or Revolta up into one of your tracks to create a MIDI object with that software instrument as output. The object will be created and the MIDI Editor will open automatically. In this window you can play your keyboard through the chosen software instrument and do your MIDI recordings.

I hope this helps.