I cannot start ACID. Error code -14.

ISAO-KUROSAKI wrote on 9/26/2021, 6:57 AM

I started ACID 10 first time, and there was a pop up to register the serial number, so I input the number correctly. After that my PC was fleezed so I closed the pop up and tried to start the software, but the same popup shown which require serial number, and I input the same serial number, but there is error code -14 occurred which seems that the number is already registered to my Magix account. I check my page and found that the number is already registered. Then I never be able to start the software. Please help me.

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/26/2021, 7:01 AM

@ISAO-KUROSAKI Does it help if you run the software as administrator (right click on the program icon) or if you temporarily disable Windows Defender or your firewall?

ISAO-KUROSAKI wrote on 9/27/2021, 12:54 AM

Thank you for your advice. I tried to open as administrator as your advice, but failed. Is there any way to erase my serial number in MAGIX and install again??

emmrecs wrote on 9/27/2021, 3:49 AM

@ISAO-KUROSAKI

One thing you could try: go to your Magix account, log in, go to My products, find the listing for Acid 10 and deactivate the installation. Then try again to open the app on your computer (you will need to register it again as a "new" installation). You should not need to reinstall the app.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam