I cannot burn my slide shows onto DVDs with this software. I can with other editing software.

sailor50 wrote on 8/4/2010, 2:05 PM

I have the new PhotoStory on CD & DVD 9 Deluxe software. My operating system is Windows 7- 64bit with an Athalon 2 processor. I have made many different attemps to burn my slide show onto DVD. I contacted technical support which recommended downloading patches, which I did and still I receive error messages that it cannot burn it onto DVD. I am completely at a loss what to do with this software. I can save the slide show on my pc, but I cannot burn it onto DVD with this software. Please help.

Comments

john-auvil wrote on 8/5/2010, 6:20 AM

It could be other software you have installed that does burn to DVD that also have taken control of the device driver that the MAGIX software needs to use. This was really an issue with Nero and Roxio softwares as they used a UDF driver that actually replaced the driver for the burner.

I have not seen that in some time, but I know that it still does happen.

First thing I suggest is trying to update the firmware for the DVD burner, maybe resetting the firmware will allow a communication for the PhotoStory 9 software. If not, then maybe use the MSCONFIG to turn off startup programs. I do not have Windows 7, I am still using Vista 64 but I think it works the same...

http://www.magix.info/us/how-to-remove-unwanted-startup-programs.online-training.79459.html?action=getfile&did=1258

From the link above I wrote this guide on how to turn off the startup programs, this is not a FIX but it is a troubleshooting guide, this will allow you to see if there is a program that is in the startup section that is causing a conflict.

I honestly haven't had a burn error is such a long time with MAGIX.  But you can also export the slideshow, which you stated above, if you export it as a MPEG-2, you could take it to the burning software you know works and burn it to DVD. That also is not a FIX but is a solution you can use if you need this ASAP.

Magicbob wrote on 8/5/2010, 6:49 AM

As your operating system is Windows 7 you should also make sure you have the latest burn routines installed.

These you can download at support.magix.net under the tools folder, burn routines. 

Should you still be facing issues then write a ticket to technical support as they should be able to assist further.

Cheers,

Bob