Comments

john-auvil wrote on 5/30/2011, 8:10 AM

Was the Web Designer 7 a free upgrade?

This is a user to user area, so we won’t have anything on upgrades. If this is just that you bought 6 and now there is a 7, I think that means a purchase upgrade. Generally these programs are released annually.

michaelmowery wrote on 2/26/2012, 5:18 PM

I also saw the FREE UPGRADE promise on Magix Xara Web Designer 6 boxed version in a Best Buy store on Sunday the 26th of February 2012. It said in big letters on the front of the box that you will get a FREE UPGRADE from Designer 6 to Designer 7. They make this false promise because they want to get rid of all the Designer 6 software packages. It's all about money. This is nothing new. In the winter of 2011, Magix.com was selling Designer 6 at full price, without mentioning the new software, while Xara.com was selling Designer 7. Magix.com and Xara.com are the same company. Now, in 2012, they're still trying to get rid of the old Designer 6. They will lie, cheat, and steal to make money. I have been using Magix Xara products since Magix Music Maker 16 and 17. I now use Magix Music Maker MX (18). They don't need to lie to sell their software because their software is good. That's just the way they do business. It's not right. They shouldn't lie to the public. There is no FREE UPGRADE from Designer 6 to Designer 7. It's false advertising.

jbjoestjr wrote on 3/2/2012, 9:03 AM

I just purchased web designer 6 at a best buy store and am also looking for the free upgrade to version 7. Label on the front of the box states "Free Upgrade to Version 7" Nothing makes me madder than false advertising. Especially since I could have downloaded version 7 for the same price.

john-auvil wrote on 3/9/2012, 9:32 AM

I think you need to visit the Xara website.