I bought this program and it's not working right... WHY?

Hazelmomie2 wrote on 6/15/2009, 5:41 PM
I have installed the Magix Music Maker 14 during Free Trail, after my Free Trail ended I had bought the program for a total of $60.00.  I was supposed to receive a CD by mail, never happened! I tried to call the number I had gotten through an email and got no answer!  Since I bought the program it messes up. My problems have nothing to do with the installing nor my computer... Its all the program. Here's the problems -
1. Sometimes when I am working on a song the whole program will shut down without any warning.
2. Sometimes when replaying music the songs will skip or make a loud fuzz noise. I will have to shut down program and restart it and then it will work. It happens at least everyday!
3. During Free Trail I was able to play all sounds, now since I bought it took a lot of sounds away and shows "ERROR" when clicked on.
4. When I first bought the program in 'Soundloops' all the sounds were listed, now there is nothing listed in soundpools. It keeps saying 'Error!! No Soundpools were installed correctly or updates need to be made." I will do updates and nothing appears!
5. In 'Synthesizer' I have to keep redownloading the programs in that section by going to the website. It's like the program keeps removing them on its own.
Those are my problems. This is getting really out of control! I don't know who to contact anymore since the numbers giving to me through email has no answer, I am unsure how to leave an email to the owners! I still have no CD that was supposed to be sent to me, I'm starting to feel I got ripped off $60!!!!

Comments

XXMerosticXX wrote on 6/16/2009, 6:16 AM
Could you at least name the product you are talking about? You say you "work on a song" - you can't do this with a soundpool all alone ("Soundpool" was chosen by you as the product your questionb refers to.).

XXMerosticXX wrote on 6/17/2009, 3:21 AM
I know what you asked for. But you just didn't tell us what your question is about.

Category: Music / Software.
There are a lot. Samplitude? Music Studio? Music Maker? CuBase? Logic?

"This question refers to:"
First you said Soundpools. Wrong. Now you say "magix.info". Wrong again. It's "Music Maker". Why didn't you choose "Music Maker" out of the list?

I just want you to take more time to ask a question....just check whether people can understand what you want. You did not....here are some information we will need to help you. Memory / RAM? Soundcard? System? OS?

Well, to your points:

Sounds bad. I used Music Maker 14, too - it never happened. OK, maybe something's wrong with your system. How much RAM does your computer have? Are there any other programs running while using the Music Maker (Firewall, Anti-Virus-Software)?

"Sometimes"....does it happen when you make special actions (like using certain synths), or without any certain action?

Furthermore: Are you sure your system has no virus?

Sounds like you don't have enough memory....or your soundcard can't deal with the stuff. Which soundcard do you use?

It shows only "ERROR"? No message, nothing? Now - that's strange. Did you search the community yet? I heared there are some problems with the soundpools...check these answers:

(Click here)
(Click here)

You didn't use the search in this community, did you?

Same as number 3.

Which synthesizer? Atmos? It shouldn't be all of them....and if this happens, you will have to make sure the download works. Maybe you make some mistakes while downloading the synthesizers? I'd love to tell you where, but you gave no information.

You make it pretty hard to help you. No information about your computer, about the things you did - just complaining and telling what doesn't work. We don't know you, your computer and your problem - but we all try to help.

And...by the way, the program works fine here - so I'm sure there IS a way to help you.
NoTurning wrote on 6/17/2009, 8:53 AM
Hi,
I understand your trial worked fine but the full version did not? Did you have to download in install a full version after you purchased the product? What changed?
I don't imagine it's a memory issue if the trial version worked but it's worth considering. Also check the Magix site for any patches.

Now is the time to install the latest driver for your sound card and video card (yes both), then download and install the FREE universal asio driver from asio4all.com. Choose this as your driver in magix program settings (P on the keyboard). That will fix many of the crashes and fuzzy sound.

Next hold down the key on your keyboard that has the Windows logo on it and press the pause break key. This will bring up System Properties. Click the advanced tab and then click the settings button in the performance box. Again click the advanced tab and choose "background services" in the processor scheduling section. This will divert more processing power to sound related apps like Magix. Apply and save your changes.

To fix missing soundpools you may have to perform a clean install.

Let me know how you do,
Justin
Former user wrote on 6/27/2009, 4:33 PM
in my oppinion(and i may be wrong)but it sounds like your computer may not be made to handle this.usually when your song skips and pops its a cpu thing.
sometimes,when i have a song that starts to get really weighed down it gives out and closes itself.yea i know i need to upgrade.but it could be totally unrelated,just talking about some of the similar situations that i go through.