I bought Designer Pro X in 2020

Mona-Damholdt wrote on 12/27/2021, 6:07 AM

in 2020 I bought the full program and now, as I understand it, I have to pay once more to get access to the content catalogue, which I really don't think is fair. Do I really need to keep on paying every year for using the best program i have ever used om my laptop? 

with kind regards, Mona in Denmark

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/27/2021, 6:16 AM

@Mona-Damholdt You can download the complete catalogue and back it up on your hard drive. Of course, you need to do it while having access to it. After a year you will lose access and need to pay for another year. So it looks like it's too late.

Mona-Damholdt wrote on 12/27/2021, 6:49 AM

I did not know that a download of the Content Catalogue was a possibility, and now you tell me I have missed my chance and have to pay again?

emmrecs wrote on 12/27/2021, 7:57 AM

@Mona-Damholdt

When you bought XDP in 2020 you would also automatically have had access to everything, including the Content Catalogue, for 12 months from the date of purchase. Towards the end of that period you would have received emails from Magix/Xara inviting you to renew/extend your Update Service for a further 12 months.

If you failed to renew you would then not have access to any "on-line" resources for the program, nor to any further updates which Magix/Xara might release.

So, the answer to your question is, if you now wish to access and download the Content Catalogue, yes you do need to repurchase the Update Service.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Mona-Damholdt wrote on 12/27/2021, 8:35 AM

Oki, it would have been nice and fair to know that a download of content was a possibility, and that the content would disapear after a year, in a program I have bought and paid for.

emmrecs wrote on 12/28/2021, 4:06 AM

@Mona-Damholdt

I understand completely what you are saying and do sympathise but I am not a Magix employee and have no control whatsoever over matters of sales policy.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam