Comments

cpc000cpc wrote on 6/2/2011, 11:10 PM

jonicb,

Sorry I have neither iTunes nor Photostory here to check, but I suspect you might be running foul of DRM (Digital Rights Management). I have a similar problem with my old Sony mini disc recording Walkman -- Sony are so concerned with my not giving copies of purchased music to my friends, I'm not allowed to copy (even what I've recorded myself using a microphone) from the Walkman to my PC hard drive more than once, nor copy from the 'Library' to anywhere else!

Other Magix programs like Movie Edit Pro allow you to drag clips, images and sounds directly from Windows Explorer folders (where you say you can see your mp3s) to your project, rather than selecting from the PhotoStoroy media pool (where you can't see your mp3s). You might try this.

Only other suggestion would be playing the mp3s on your computer and re-record them. The screenshot of PhotoStory shows what looks to be a red record button.  This is pretty easy as long as your sound card is 'duplex' eg you can record what is currently being played.

PhotoStory users may be able to give you more advice.

Regards,

Carl