I am rephrasing the original question. See below.

eblondn628 wrote on 1/22/2014, 11:32 AM

I have been videoing a Choir singing Christmas Charols. The singers are positioned in a straight line and fit quite well in the "Widescreen" viewer of the camera with much room to spare at each end. I have tried using "Movie Edit Pro 14 Plus" and Video Easy" and setting the video aspect to NTSC 16:9 "Widescreen" . Viewing the bured disk the pictures looks more like it was burned at a video aspect of  NTSC 4:3 .
After reading your suggestions I tried the following set ups to Burn a DVD.
Select "Encoder Settings" then in the "Preset Screen" select "CUSTOM." then select "Standard DVD NTSC Widescreen".  At the bottom of this screen within "OTHER" the "Smart Rendering (no reencoding of MPEG videos)"  and  "Use Anti-flicker filter"  are both sected.  Checking the "ADVANCE" section, I'm not sure if all these setting are okay but, I do see "Video format" to be "NTSC (USA, Japan) this is right, and in the "SUMMARY" I recognize within the "Video Settings video stream type DVD and the ASPECT RATIO: 16:9 display.  All other information here is foreign to me. I hope they are all okay.
Getting out of this screen and clicking on "START BURN PROCESS", another screen pops up asking if the previous video set up should be used.  This screen also shows other selections such as " Rewrite chapter information"  and  "Rewrite movie menu and navigation structure".  Here I sected both.
At the bottom of this screen there are 5 more selections of which I need to choose one.  Here I sected "ENCODE" .  After waiting about an hour to view the finished DVD, I'm finding that both END's of the widscreen are now cut down where the singers at both ends are almost cut off.  This cannot be 16:9 widescreen burning.
What can I do to get the complete widescreen image from the camera onto the DVD ??
I have 10 singers that are pateirntly waiting to get a copy of these DVDs.

By the way, my operating system is  "WINDOWS XP"

Movie Edit Pro 14 Plus version  7.5.2.11

Video Easy version   can't find this one.

Comments

yvon-robert wrote on 1/22/2014, 2:05 PM

Hi,

Do you use the old version Pro 14 or you use the 2014 version, the best try to download and test with the version 2014 the demo is limited to 3 minutes playing but this is good for evaluation and resolve the problem.

Wide screen or HD is ratio 16:9 1920 x 1080.

Regards,

YR

eblondn628 wrote on 1/23/2014, 4:59 PM

Thank you Yvon Robert

I was able to make this change ( 16:9   1920x1080) in "Movie Pro 14 Plus"  on the requester that pops up when first laoding the program but..... in the "SUMMARY" of burning a DVD, the video set up is still at 720x480.  This appeared to take priority and the DVD was again not "Widescreen".   The two singers , one at each end of the line were cut off. 

Would there be a way to change these numbers in the DVD Burning "Summary" ??

Edgar