I am getting the error 'No recording devices have been found in your system.' What does this normally refer to?

inkiuk wrote on 1/26/2011, 4:35 PM

I am getting the error 'No recording devices have been found in your system.' when trying to record in Movies on DVD. What does this normally refer to? I have a dvd rw installed with nero burning software. I am using Windows 7. I have a video player connected by scart to the usb. Any ideas.

Comments

john-auvil wrote on 1/27/2011, 1:27 PM

SCART doesn’t seem to be recognized by the program.

The recording device not found or recognized either means that Windows is reporting no video recording device installed or the driver for the device is not in communication to the program, therefore the program is unable to use the device.

What could cause this when there is a recording device installed?

• Windows may not be compatible with the device.

• The driver for the device may not be compatible with the installed Windows version.

• The driver installed may be in communication with another application, and therefore is not available for the program you are wanting to use it with

• You have other software installed that records video that is running from the background of start-up, or you have UDF packet writers installed that is causing an overall communications error.

I am unsure, I have never used SCART, as it is not available in North America as-far-as I know.