I am considering buying Magix RESCUE MY video Tapes.

Shiners wrote on 6/17/2010, 4:46 AM

1. My video recorder has only white & yellow connections and scart.  Will this be okay?

2. I want to copy onto DVDs, never done this before what dvds do I need to but and will I need to buy anything else.

3.I also want to copy from my mini dvd camcorder, I assume this works on the same system.

4. I have dozens of tapes, Is there alimit to how many can be copied?

Please reply ASAP. Thank You

Comments

nihon94 wrote on 6/17/2010, 5:09 AM
Hi,

I had a plan to buy the same soft but so far I did not. I do got introductory pdf of magix_rescue-your-videotapes-info. I think you should check that first.  I can not upload here that pdf but for you I did upload to sendspace you can download easily.
You can use the following link to retrieve file
file called magix_rescue-your-videotapes-info_us.pdf (482 KB), from sendspace.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/uhz2ra

I am copying some info here for you:

You can back up your precious VHS cassette recordings and other tape formats
using MAGIX Movies on DVD 7 and the practical USB video converter in just a few clicks to PC or
DVD – including animated menus! Rescue your valuable memories by bringing them into the digital
age!
Ideal for: VHS • Video 8 • S-VHS • Hi8 • Betamax • and all other tape formats
Additional advantages:
• Optimize and restore image and sound with just a click
• Create video discs with animated DVD menus
• Burn several movies or video clips onto 1 DVD
• Record TV programs
New! Burn video to Blu-rayTM discs
WebVideo recorders, new menu functions, and much more

About your video white and yellow connection please read pdf file first.
I think you can copy to DVD easily.
If you are new please note, no matter audio tape or video tape first we have to convert digitally then we can burn on DVD no matter with this Magix soft or other. But this magix soft will help you to convert your video tapes easily right.

I did not find if it limit copying of VHS tape. But it depend upon your computer's memory. Please also check specification before you buy.

I hope this info will help you.

Note: after reading pdf file if you still need help it is better to contact customer support they are good and will give you right answer. Here we user like you and me share our knowledge only ok.

Thank you
nihon94
Man o' Lakes wrote on 6/23/2010, 3:13 AM
Hello Shiners,

if you do buy Rescue Your Videotapes, then make sure you DON'T buy the version which has Movies on DVD 7! If you do you get the old version, which amongst other things is NOT Win 7 compatible. Also, you may end up with an old USB video converter.

The version you need comes with a special version of the Video Easy software.

Your connections sound fine, but the package comes with cables etc ...

DVDs - check with your burner manufacturer what they recommend

check     http://www.magix.com/uk/rescue-your-videotapes/

Transfer from mini dvd possible, but you won't need the converter

And finally, no limit.

Cheers

M o' L