I am building first trial slideshow in PhotoStory Deluxe v. 11. Moved photos into media pool. Want to delete some from pool, but all delete functions delete file from ORIGINAL folder and move it to recycle bin. How do I delete a photo just from pool?

hcajones wrote on 8/21/2012, 12:07 AM

I am building first trial slideshow in PhotoStory DVD Deluxe v. 11.  Moved photos into media pool.  Want to delete some from pool, but all delete functions delete file from ORIGINAL folder and move it to recycle bin.  How do I delete a photo just from pool?

Comments

gandjcarr wrote on 8/22/2012, 7:50 PM

Hi,

I am not sure why you want to delete the file from the media pool.  Why not just delete it from the timeline or the sceneline?

hcajones wrote on 8/23/2012, 4:35 PM

Thanks.

If I delete a photo from the timeline or sceneline, it is still in the media pool.  If I delete it from the media pool, the ORIGINAL photo gets deleted from the original folder.  So if I move, say, 10 photos into the media pool but eventually decide to use only 7 of them in the slideshow as I build it, do I just have to leave the three unused photos in the media pool?  

Thanks again.

gandjcarr wrote on 8/24/2012, 3:43 AM

Hi,

Yes, just leave them there.  The media pool is just acting like windows explore so that you can see what files you have to choose from.  I does not actually re-save the files to another location so it is not consuming any disc space.

dscoyne wrote on 8/4/2018, 2:08 PM

This is a poor solution. When I clicked on Pictures in the Media File, it automatically imported every folder and file I had in my Pictures folder, which I did not want to do. Now I can't get rid of them. They take up space in the Media File and are confusing. Bad system in this regard.

johnebaker wrote on 8/4/2018, 3:43 PM

@dscoyne

Please note that you have resurrected a 6 year old topic.

. . . . When I clicked on Pictures in the Media File . . . .

Presumably you mean My Pictures in the Media pool?

. . . . automatically imported every folder and file . . . .

Did you turn this option off in the project settings?

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.