How to: Turn on Advanced Mode, Select Only Favourites, Don't see Video

Ian-Schwartz wrote on 2/16/2019, 4:47 PM

I downloaded the 30 day trial and can't tell if I want to buy, because the help is so minimal. The Help Says:
"Many advanced mode functions will not be necessary for every process in MAGIX Photo Manager Deluxe. For this reason, you can choose to limit the program to basic functionality."
It shows a graphic of a checkbox, but I don't see that "Advanced mode" checkbox anywhere on my screen.

The tutorial video View and manage photos shows a number of views available when when you click on the rectangle with the 3 dots underneath it, in the upper right. But when I hover over it, the only choice I see is "Keyboard shortcut:F4".

Lastly, none of my videos are displaying. I checked under the File Formats->Video file types tab, and all formats are checked. But it doesn't seem that AVC (.m2ts) files are view-able. Which is kind of weird, because your Movie Studio Platinum supports them. I was hoping to have an integrated view of all my media.

Lastly, when I used the "Ask questions online" feature to see about turning on Advanced Mode, I got answers for all of your products, except for the one I was using. Very frustrating.

Ian Schwartz
Ottawa, Canada

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 2/17/2019, 3:36 AM

@Ian-Schwartz

Hi

. . . . MAGIX Photo Manager Deluxe . . . . File Formats->Video file types tab . . . . Movie Studio Platinum supports them . . .

Comparing what Photo Manager video files are supported to those of Movie Studio is not a valid comparison - they are 2 programs that perform different functions.

Photo Manager only supports AVI, MPEG, MOV, MXV and WMV video formats - for all supported formats see here.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

emmrecs wrote on 2/18/2019, 5:41 AM

@Ian-Schwartz

Just to add to what @johnebaker wrote and answer another question you raised:

It shows a graphic of a checkbox, but I don't see that "Advanced mode" checkbox anywhere on my screen.

It is on the upper right hand corner of the workscreen but I'm almost certain this is one feature that is available only when you have actually purchased the full version.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam