How to set MIDI keyboard to control more tracks simultaneously

sabre-l wrote on 4/28/2019, 11:01 AM

Hi all,

I'm trying to make my M-audio Code 61 control some vst plugins on Acid Pro 8.

My goal is to play 2 or more vst simultaneously with my MIDI keyboard, using each zone in my keyboard to control a different vst (for example, controlling Synth N.1 on track 1 with my keybord's Zone 1 and Synth N.2 on track 2 with my keybord's Zone 2, and so on).

What I've managed to do so far is contolling a track with NI Kontakt by loading several instuments within the pluging and by assigning each instrument to a different midi channel. So far so good, it works fine (as long as the soft synth window is active), but what I wish to do is to control also other syinths/vst which cannot be loaded within Kontakt and which necessarily need to be loaded in a separate track in Acid.

When I try to assign the track to a MIDI channel it seems that the channel is not affected and any zone played on my keyboard makes that track sounding (for examle, a keyboard zone using channel 1 makes the Vst on track 2 and set on channel 2 sounding anyway).

Is there anything I'm missing or is this a bug? Perhaps I need to set the channels from somewhere else?

I'm using Windows 10.

Thanks in advance

Comments

No comments yet - be the first to write a comment...