How to scroll to bottom of page using an image/element on the web page

KS-2300 wrote on 8/28/2020, 8:55 PM

For: Xara Web Designer 11 premium
Windows 7
8 GB memory

I'm familiar with right click on an element to get to 'web properties' menu.
I see option to 'Link To" but don't see the option I am looking for.
"link to" can goto <Top Page> or <Previous Page> or <Next Page> or any other page of the site..
But it has No Option to goto the "Bottom" of current page.

My page design is such I'd like to give visitor the option to jump to the Bottom of the page by clicking a page element.

My research indicates this is possible adding html to page and element. But how exactly to do that I don't understand.

Thanks in advance for anyone's input. If @johnebaker is here I'm sure you will know how this is accomplished.

Thanks in advance..

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 8/30/2020, 3:13 PM

@KS-2300

Hi

Here is a quick and easy way of doing this in this example I used a box as a placeholder for the bottom anchor and set it up as shown below

For the link I also used a placeholder - you could use a text box and make the text the link to the bottom anchor,

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

KS-2300 wrote on 9/2/2020, 1:02 AM

Hi John EB..
THANKS for your Excellent reply and answering my question by using example.
That was easy to follow and also exactly what I was looking for.
Xara Web Designer truly is a capable and powerful program when you know how to use it.

FYI - I used an image of an arrow pointing down as the button, and put a place holder at the bottom of page like you showed. It worked GREAT...! In place of using this technique on only one page.. I put it on all 5 of the major pages.. to give some consistency.

I think with your past help and my learning new tricks with Xara web designer, my website design skills maybe improving. :) Learning how to adapt professional templates has helped too.

Thanks for your prompt answer to my question. It worked Perfectly..!

Take care.. Stay well and safe..

Kim