How to restore the "Recorded Files" dialog box in ACID Music Studio 10

connor413 wrote on 12/12/2022, 2:28 PM

By default, every time you hit the "Stop" button while recording an audio file, a small window/box pops up and asks which files you want to keep and which to delete. There's a checkbox in the lower left corner that says "Show after every recording session".

I must have mistakenly unchecked this box and now I cannot for the life of me find a way to restore this dialog. Can anyone help me out?

Here's the box I'm referring to:

Comments

Air wrote on 12/12/2022, 4:30 PM

@connor413 you may have to reset AMS10 to its 'defaults' and start over, this AMS, like AP, is not very intuitive.

connor413 wrote on 12/14/2022, 1:47 PM

@Air are you implying a complete reinstall? On the "Preferences" menu, there's a "Default All" button for each tab (General, Audio, Device, MIDI, etc...), but no master default/reset button I've been able to find.

Air wrote on 12/14/2022, 5:45 PM

@connor413

I duplicated your problem, it took me a few minutes but I solved it. go to 'Pref...' click on 'Default All' Once you do that the 'pop up box' will reappear. HOWEVER, you'll need to reset ALL of the setting you may have changed when you set things up. i.e 'Folders' 'Sound Devices' etc. Cheers

connor413 wrote on 12/17/2022, 3:40 PM

@connor413

I duplicated your problem, it took me a few minutes but I solved it. go to 'Pref...' click on 'Default All' Once you do that the 'pop up box' will reappear. HOWEVER, you'll need to reset ALL of the setting you may have changed when you set things up. i.e 'Folders' 'Sound Devices' etc. Cheers

this answer was a pretty obvious solution, but i'm always hesitant to try anything that might mess with my precious settings. so, i'm grateful to you, Air, for risking yours on my behalf. your help is much appreciated, thanks

Air wrote on 12/17/2022, 5:45 PM

@connor413 having to reset all your preferences IS a pain. This little experiment was rather easy for me as I don't use AP any more so nothing to loose (or reset)😎 Glad it all worked out, Cheers

sheppo wrote on 12/18/2022, 6:40 AM

@connor413 - I also couldn't see an option in preferences, however, there is a internal option.

You can access the internal option section by holding shift when clicking tools->preferences. When the window opens you will see an additional 'internal' tab.

The option is listed as "Show Post Record Dialog"... you can search for it by typing in "record" in to the "Show only perfs containing:" box. If you want to enable the option again, change FALSE to TRUE.