How to open this program after it is installed and registered

Ashley-Bobadilla wrote on 11/4/2020, 9:43 PM

Does anyone know how to get this program to open after it has been purchased, installed, and registered? I have been trying to reach out to support, but I can only find an email address and they said response time could be up to 4 days! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 11/5/2020, 4:43 AM

@Ashley-Bobadilla

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Inevitable question: exactly WHICH Magix program???

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Ashley-Bobadilla wrote on 11/5/2020, 4:24 PM

Sorry, yes, I bought the Magix Photostory Deluxe. I want to use it as soon as possible, but I feel frustrated because the program won't open (yes, I have tried disabling my antivirus, running it as an administrator, etc.) nothing will open. I have uninstalled and redownloaded at least 7 times. My computer is only a year old, has windows 10, an i7 processor, and everything is very up to date. I just can't figure out why I have an icon that appears on the desktop, but it is as if there is nothing inside it.

emmrecs wrote on 11/6/2020, 4:36 AM

@Ashley-Bobadilla

Thank you for that extra, vital information!

First, you will see I have moved your post to the Photostory area of the forum.

Then, can you confirm the full details of your computer. This post will show you the sort of information that is invaluable to fellow-users who may be able to help you!

First, if you click on Start, is the program listed there, usually under "Magix"? If you click on the listing, does it then open?

You say you have a desktop icon for the program. Does it look like this?

You say you click on it and nothing happens. If you right-click on it and from the screen that opens, choose "Properties", you should see something like this:

(Please note: I install most of my program on my D:\ drive so your screen will almost certainly look different!). Click on the highlighted box. This should take you to the exact folder where PS is located. It should look something like this. (Please note, this is only a small area of the window showing the contents of the folder):

The highlighted box is the program itself. Does it open if you double-click directly on the words "Photostory.exe"?

If, either going through the Start menu or by link from the desktop icon, you can open the program, it is installed properly and the desktop icon is somehow "faulty". If neither route succeeds, it would seem the program is not actually installed at all, in which case you will need to try and determine why. We may be able to help with this but you will need to take us, step by step, through everything you've done to try and install the program!

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 11/6/2020, 6:57 AM

@Ashley-Bobadilla

Hi

In addition to what @emmrecs has suggested, check that you have no pending Windows updates and try restarting the computer - Windows button, Power icon, Restart - not a Shutdown and then start - I had an issue with mouse double clicks not working a few days ago.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Ashley-Bobadilla wrote on 11/6/2020, 11:03 AM

Thank you both so much for trying to help! I really really appreciate it! I have tried lots and lots of solutions and my husband says I should just get a refund, but I want to try just a little bit more.

I have installed, uninstalled, restarted my computer at least 8-9 times now. I have a relatively new computer (it's less than a year old) it has windows 10, an i7 processor, plenty of storage space etc. I only use it for our family needs so there isn't a lot of stuff on there (just an antivirus, the Microsoft office suite, itunes, etc.) I just wanted this software to create a beautiful presentation to celebrate my Grandma's life.

I greatly appreciate the time you took to walk me through step by step. I have tried them, but it seems that the program is not actually installed.

Each time I try to install it again, I receive these pop up boxes (for some reason this is not letting me paste it, but I will write it word for word)

"Unelevated PostFinished process could not be created. The requested operation requires elevation. (740)

Path: "C:\Program Files\MAGIX\Photostory Deluxe\2021\Photostory.exe"

Id:5

Do you know what this means?

Also, I receive 2 error boxes when trying to install Music Maker

One says:

The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

The other says:

The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.

What does this mean?

I sent screen shots and detailed information to support and I finally received a suggestion, it was an undetailed suggestion and it didn't work.

This is what support suggested.  

"It would appear that Microsoft Visual C++ runtime components that are required for the proper loading and execution of certain program components are not availble on your system (at least not in the required version). You should be able to resolve the issue by manually downloading and installing the following Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable package"

So honestly, I have never heard of the Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable package and had no idea where to find it. There was nothing on the Magix support pages about it. After some internet searches I went to support.microsoft.com and found this  "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019" it was the best I could find for the most up to date Visual C++ redistributable package.

After I installed this, I once again uninstalled all Magix products. Then I tried to install everything again. I once again received these same messages and it is not working.

What am I missing? What do I need to do? Please help!

Ashley-Bobadilla wrote on 11/6/2020, 12:12 PM

Also, when I go into the properties of the program, it doesn't even give me the option to run the program as an administrator. When I ask it to troubleshoot the compatibility, it says that it is an incompatible program.

Is Magix Photostory Deluxe incompatible with windows 10?

Ashley-Bobadilla wrote on 11/6/2020, 12:13 PM

Please help!

emmrecs wrote on 11/6/2020, 2:41 PM

@Ashley-Bobadilla

Photostory Deluxe (version 20.0.1.62, the latest), most definitely runs under Win 10 on my machine and has for at least the previous two full versions, i.e. 19.x.x.xx and 18.x.x.xx. So, since you purchased the program only recently, I think, compatibility with your OS should not be a problem!

However, the error messages you are seeing when attempting the install - you really should have told us about them from the start - indicate very serious problems with your Win 10 installation. Those missing .dll files are both core Windows files; they would normally be installed as part of Windows installation itself or be installed by specific programs that require them, if the version is not an automatic part of Windows. The fact that they are, apparently, missing, is really quite alarming.

A quick Google search on Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable leads to this page, amongst many others. As you will see, there can be many versions on one computer, any one or more of which may be required by any particular program! This Microsoft page lists ALL the currently-available versions. I think you should start with the earliest listed and install them one at a time, taking care to install those that are for both 32 bit and 64 bit if your Win 10 is 64 bit, or 32 bit only if oyu are running the 32 bit version of Win 10.

One other very important thing, to be done before you consider trying to correct your installation of Win 10: please read and follow this tutorial to ensure that EVERYTHING connected with your Magix programs is removed. Only when you can be certain that all Magix files, folders, registry entries etc., are removed should you consider attempting to repair your Windows installation. If you do not do this, there is every chance your attempts to reinstall the programs will not succeed.

OTOH, you may decide your easiest course is to visit your local computer repair shop/whizz kid and ask him/them to repair your Windows installation!

HTH

Jeff

Ashley-Bobadilla wrote on 11/9/2020, 12:23 AM

Thank you so much! It is working!!! I feel so happy! I have invested so much time into this, but I never could have done it without you! Thanks for all your help!!!

emmrecs wrote on 11/9/2020, 3:35 AM

@Ashley-Bobadilla

Excellent news! Thanks for the feedback. Happy Photostorying!

Jeff

Ashley-Bobadilla wrote on 11/10/2020, 11:58 PM

Hi there, sorry it's me again, photostory freezes about half the time I use it. It freezes completely and I can't even minimize it or close it. Admittedly, I have been using it every day for the past few days (I love it and can't wait to make a surprise video for my Grandma!). Do you have any suggestions for my particular case? Having had so many problems installing it?

emmrecs wrote on 11/11/2020, 4:10 AM

@Ashley-Bobadilla

Sorry, no, I don't have any ideas to offer about the freezing. PS is one of the Magix programs that rarely is reported as freezing.

Can you give a step by step procedure that, if you follow repeatedly, is guaranteed to bring the program to a complete stop every time? Essentially, I'm trying to ascertain whether it is any sort of user error, however accidental!

Then, do you have plenty of free space on your hard drive where PS is trying to save your projects? It would be very useful to we fellow-users who would like to help you if you would read this post and include in your next reply, the full details of your computer. Yes, it is a "pain" but this sort of information can often be extremely relevant to problem-solving!

Finally, did you do as @johnebaker suggested earlier, and check that there are no pending Windows Updates waiting to install?

Jeff