Comments

emmrecs wrote on 11/22/2020, 4:11 AM

@Mark-Cohen

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

First, the latest version of Photo Manager is 13.1.1.12 so I am not sure how you can have installed version 15??

Can you also explain exactly what you did when dragging a top level category ..  I honestly don't understand what you mean by this. In order to help I'd like to be able to at least understand every step you took in order to do what you did!

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Mark-Cohen wrote on 11/22/2020, 9:00 AM

Hi Jeff, thanks for getting back to me.

Source for download: https://download.cnet.com/Magix-Photo-Manager-15/3000-2191_4-10795148.html

Apparently, I found a free version that hasn't been updated for 2 years, so I'm guessing it's no longer supported. Sorry to be a bother.

Just fyi, by "top level," I meant as far left in the category tree as you can go, and thus not a sub category of any other category. In the old free version, you could use the mouse to drag any category into (under?) any other category. E.g., a People category could contain a Friends category. You could create new top level categories, but once they were moved under another category, they could not be made top level categories again.

emmrecs wrote on 11/22/2020, 11:10 AM

@Mark-Cohen

Thanks for the link to the download page.

I see, towards the bottom of that page, that the version number is stated to be 11, which makes sense since it has, as you say, not been updated for some two years.

I now understand what you mean about dragging categories! Having looked carefully at the same feature in the latest version I can see no way to move a category up a level, without first deleting it and then, perhaps re-creating it?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Mark-Cohen wrote on 11/22/2020, 11:43 AM

That was the only thing I could thing of, but seems like a serious program flaw.