how to keep web templates on my own computer

Mike-McGrath wrote on 7/9/2021, 4:19 PM

Hi All, I have slow broadband and find it very frustrating to have to search for a template online and then download that template to my computer. Prior to this update I was able to download or update my templates so they were all on my desktop. I can no longer do this. I have also tried the methods described in the support pages with no success.

Anyone found a way to successfully download the latest online templates to their desktop?

I an using Xara Designer Pro X 18.0.0.61642  DL x64 Mar 18 2021 Update service code 4312KA1

Regards

Mike

Comments

SP. wrote on 7/9/2021, 5:09 PM

@Mike-McGrath How did you do it in the past versions?

Usually you can just download everything in each category by right clicking on the category and selecting to download it all.

The program will then download each file into the folder C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Xara\XtremePro\18\Cache\designs

Depending on your internet speed this can take some time (maybe hours). There is no progress bar or any other indication if it has finished. So the best idea is to let it download over night and check the download folder for when the latest new files were added.

But when everything is downloaded you can just make a backup and never need to download it again (except new templates are added). Even if your update service runs out and you cannot access the online templates anymore it will still work fine because you saved them on your hard drive.