How to incorporate the Bit Machine to a recording track

mrnobody2 wrote on 12/24/2008, 11:19 AM
When I checked Bit Machne as a plugin, it came up on the screen.  I attempted to adjust the setting, using the instructions on the help page, but I don't really know if they are integrated onto the track. 
The reason I went with Big Machine, is that I kept get an error message that said the Device ID was too high for my machine.  I investigating, I found that I would need to use Big Macine.  I'm using a new Compaq Presario PC, and the Magix program I'm using os the Samplitude 14.  Any explaination would be appreciated.

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 12/29/2008, 2:27 AM
Hi there,

I'm afraid you question is not entirely clear, especially as to how it relates to the technical problem you've been experiencing earlier on ("device ID out of range"), which was apparently related to the lack of sound hardware that fully meets the program's requirements or incorrect settings in the software.
If your question is really about BitMachine, this information should help: BitMachine is an effect plug-in. That means you can apply it to one of your Music Studio tracks to direct that tracks content through the BitMachine effect, which in this particular case is basically an effect to artificially deteriorate the sound quality and give it some lo-fi, traditional digital music feel plus some filtering.

Just open the mixer window in Music Studio, e.g. by pressing "M" on the keyboard. Find the insert slots ("Ins") for the desired arrangement track and click on the drop-down arrow next to one of the slots. Apply the desired effect. (The BitMachine will be under the "Vintage Effects Suite" section.) You will now get the chance to manipulate the parameters for the BitMachine or choose from one of the presets. Done. The effect will now be applied to that track.

You can also use the BitMachine as a purely object-based effect. Just double-click the audio object you want to apply it to in the arranger. The Object Editor will come up and also offer you the possibility to choose the BitMachine (or any effect plug-in) from one of two drop-down lists. This will only apply to the selected object, not the entire track (unless the entire track is just one consistent object, of course).

I hope this helps.