Comments

asoeli wrote on 11/25/2009, 2:09 AM
In the VIDEO_TS- directory of your DVD are VOB-files named VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB etc. Have you copied all these to the Harddisk? Mark them all and now drag them from Mediapool down to the Timeline. They should now play in MEP.
asoeli wrote on 11/25/2009, 1:42 PM
I also use MEP 14+. The Mediapool is what Magix call the 'Directory' to the right of the monitor.
I usually copy such files 'by hand', as a normal Windows copy process. But I now tried 'Importing File' with Magix as you mentioned, and it also worked fine. I have never done it before.
A DVD consist of a number of VOB-files, each of them about 1GB in size. Did you get all the VOB's copied to the Harddisk? They are numbered VTS_01_1, VTS_01_2 and so on, and are linked together. So when I drag no. 1 to the Timeline, the others follow automatically, and in Storyboard I see them as only 1 'picture'.
Your DVD has 6 diff. segments. Do you mean the disk has a menu with 6 chapters? Or has it 6 VOB's? The film is not divided into VOB's at the chapter markers.
If you have another DVD, I would try that one instead, to see if it works. But copy it to a new Directory, to avoid collision with names (or rename the old ones). Let us hear the result, Good Luck !!