How to import the home video from vcr to my pc?

anore wrote on 3/26/2011, 4:30 PM

Okey, I bought the "magix video saver 3.0".  and when i am about to import it to my computer and click "transfer video to computer" the little black "tv" shows me just black screen. And if I click "end video transfer" I get a clip that is just black...

what is this? I use scart from vcr with a red, white and yellow end into a black "thing" and into a usb, that goes in to my computer.

I'm am not very good at this stuf, but I thougt this would be easy enough for me.. I was wrong.....

By the way I have a Windows 7.

Comments

cpc000cpc wrote on 3/26/2011, 11:13 PM

anore,

Sorry I can't answer directly as I don't have your particular program, but with Magix Movie Edit Pro I had similar problems at the start. First I realised I'd not installed the driver for my USB 'thing' (grey 'kworld' brand) on the (XP, not win 7) computer I was using but even after that got done there was still no video. Then, with what seemed typical Magix magic, I restarted both computer and my program and all was well.

Are you given a choice of source device? My video card gets listed first and I have to choose the USB thng. Check if previewing your source is an option -- it might not be selected. Also in my program I have to click on 'OK' after I stop the recording, not just close the window.

Are you sure video signals are comming out from your yellow plug -- can you plug it into a TV or something? Only other thing to suggest is testing if some otherr source than your VCR will work.

Reagrs,

Carl

anore wrote on 3/27/2011, 7:00 AM

I found out the problem! It was the scart, it had a botton that I could choose between "in" and "out", it had to be in "out" position to work!

But, here is another problem. I recorded a movie and edit it, and wanted to "finish" the movie. But it dont want to export in to Windows media player or MPEG2, why is that?