How to download the free upgrade from ACID pro 7 to ACID pro 8 ?

Area52 wrote on 4/23/2018, 1:49 AM

How to download the free upgrade from ACID pro 7 to ACID pro 8 ?

Now that ACID Pro 8 is finally released, is there anyone who knows where / how to get the promised free upgrade from ACID Pro 7 to 8? Bought my copy of AP 7 two weeks ago from Magix webstore, and at the time there was a deal to get AP 8 for free, when it's released.

Comments

Animal-Nation wrote on 4/23/2018, 2:03 AM

Right?
It's still the same price as the sale, except if you waited until now to purchase you could download it right now.
I knew I should have waited!

Animal-Nation wrote on 4/23/2018, 2:14 AM

Area52 wrote on 4/23/2018, 2:23 AM

So there is no way to get the promised FREE upgrade today if you purchased it before the release of AP 8?! I thought the deal was to BE THE FIRST TO GET THE NEW VERSION when it's released (As stated on the Magix website then)!!! This can't be true! How LAME is that!! So we have to wait xx days to get our copy.. BTW, just cheked my Accont and ACID Pro 8 is not listed under my products??? WTF!?

Animal-Nation wrote on 4/23/2018, 2:31 AM

I just downloaded the trial version, which is the same as the regular version. They'll send you your Acid 8 serial number before the 30 day trial is up.

Area52 wrote on 4/23/2018, 2:45 AM

OK, thanks. Is this the "official" solution to get AP 8 now? And if so, does the trial include all the loops etc.?

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 4/23/2018, 2:55 AM

Hi @Area52,

Yes, you either buy the new version now or you have taken advantage of the grace offer.

For the latter, we will send an email with the serial within this week. Till then, you can just get the free trial and have a look if the loops are included. 😉

troxx wrote on 4/23/2018, 3:15 AM

I have to admit guys, as much as I love Acid Pro and look forward to using Pro 8, the release hasn't been exactly handled well. I mean early adopters who paid for the promotion upgrade not being provided with the new update to their accounts on the day of release, yet new users who purchase today get to use Acid Pro 8 straight out. The promotion price date constantly being amended, their was never an end date for the promotion & now the actual official price is the same as the promotional price. Not exactly a good start from our perspective dudes.

Area52 wrote on 4/23/2018, 3:29 AM

Offering a trial, without the content (Loops etc.) to us early adopters is very confusing indeed! 😨

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 4/24/2018, 2:54 AM

Our email team was doing a great job and managed to send out all international emails yesterday. If you haven't received one yet, please contact our customer service.

Animal-Nation wrote on 4/24/2018, 12:33 PM

Haven't received it yet, but I can't wait! I wanna download those loops and instruments! :D

Thank you Magix Redaktion! :)

Area52 wrote on 4/24/2018, 12:56 PM

Our email team was doing a great job and managed to send out all international emails yesterday. If you haven't received one yet, please contact our customer service.

Thanks! Got the mail yesterday. Well done Magix email team! 😊

ebann wrote on 4/30/2018, 2:42 PM

Right?
It's still the same price as the sale, except if you waited until now to purchase you could download it right now.
I knew I should have waited!

yea, they scammed me with the "50% PRICE ENDS TODAY" and then i looked at the site two days later to see the system specs and the same "last day" banner was still sitting there :/ whatever.

brian-macarevey wrote on 5/21/2018, 5:30 PM

I just just realized that Acid 8 came out, and noticed that the post was from nearly a month ago! I have still not received and email, a link, and Acid 8 doesn’t show up in my purchased items. What’s going on?

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 5/22/2018, 4:07 AM

@brian-macarevey We sent you the email again. I know it's a cliche but did you check your spam folder?

brian-macarevey wrote on 5/22/2018, 4:24 AM

@brian-macarevey We sent you the email again. I know it's a cliche but did you check your spam folder?

Got it! Thank you!

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 5/22/2018, 4:35 AM

You are welcome. Have fun with ACID Pro 8! 😎👍

ronald-saxton wrote on 5/22/2018, 7:43 PM

I have still not received and email, a link, and Acid 8 doesn’t show up in my purchased items. Do i need to call or something. . . i did not download the trail because i bought Pro 7 with the free upgrade offer. . . please let me know what to do . . . thanks for your help Magix

ronald-saxton wrote on 5/22/2018, 7:47 PM

hold on . . i got the email . . checking now , , , ,

ronald-saxton wrote on 5/22/2018, 10:03 PM

I HAVE THE NEW FREE UPGRADE TO ACID PRO 8 WORKING FULLY THANKS.

ronald-saxton wrote on 5/22/2018, 10:34 PM

BUT I DO WONDER WHERE THE 9GB OF ACID LOOPS ARE

MAGIX_Redaktion wrote on 5/23/2018, 5:19 AM

@ronald-saxton Have a look at this thread: https://www.magix.info/de/forum/so-where-are-the-9-gb-of-new-acidized-loops--1205340

Please keep in mind that writing with caps lock is considered rude. Please, in the future, refrain using caps lock.