Comments

browj2 wrote on 10/4/2013, 12:06 AM

Hello,

There are 2 easy ways. I am assuming that you used Vasco da Gama as a separate program and not the travel route animation wizard in PhotoStory. Either way, the process is similar.

1. In Vasco, under Project Settings, change automatic cutting to On, so that for each route, a video will be generated. Then just import each video as you need it. Make sure that you allow several seconds of stopover time so that you can make transitions.

2. If you did not make separate videos for each route, then in PhotoStory, after importing the travel video and selecting timeline mode, select the video, locate the start marker where you want to cut the video, click on the cut button and split the video. Drag the part on the right towards the right and insert your photos in between. Move the right video along if you need more space if you are still in timeline mode. Or switch to storyboard mode and drag you photos between the split Vasco scenes. If you have several routes in the same video file, split it again, etc. Read the sections on the Cut Button, Split object and inserting objects ( photos and videos) in the manual. In fact, you should read the whole manual.

Let me know if it works out ok.

John

Last changed by browj2 on 10/4/2013, 12:06 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

xiaobao wrote on 10/4/2013, 11:41 AM

Hello,

There are 2 easy ways. I am assuming that you used Vasco da Gama as a separate program and not the travel route animation wizard in PhotoStory. Either way, the process is similar.

1. In Vasco, under Project Settings, change automatic cutting to On, so that for each route, a video will be generated. Then just import each video as you need it. Make sure that you allow several seconds of stopover time so that you can make transitions.

2. If you did not make separate videos for each route, then in PhotoStory, after importing the travel video and selecting timeline mode, select the video, locate the start marker where you want to cut the video, click on the cut button and split the video. Drag the part on the right towards the right and insert your photos in between. Move the right video along if you need more space if you are still in timeline mode. Or switch to storyboard mode and drag you photos between the split Vasco scenes. If you have several routes in the same video file, split it again, etc. Read the sections on the Cut Button, Split object and inserting objects ( photos and videos) in the manual. In fact, you should read the whole manual.

Let me know if it works out ok.

John

Hi, when you say "allow several seconds of stopover time" do you mean the lengthen the "pause" time option? The video on the main site, is there tutorials on how they made the starting page and some of the effects on the pictures?

browj2 wrote on 10/5/2013, 1:17 AM

Hi, when you say "allow several seconds of stopover time" do you mean the lengthen the "pause" time option? The video on the main site, is there tutorials on how they made the starting page and some of the effects on the pictures?

Hello,

Yes, lengthen the pause time at a stopover. If it is too long when you edit the video in PhotoStory, you can alway trim it. But if it is too short, you have to go back and redo the video. When you do a transition from the Vasco video to a photo or another video, you will probably want a transition, which means you overlap the 2 objects. You want the plane to have stopped but still be visible when the transition starts.

I'm not sure which tutorials that you are looking for. Vasco has many, but most are in German, and there are many on YouTube. The effects on the pictures are not done in Vasco, even by Motion Studios. You will use PhotoStory to make yours. There are tutorials for PhotoStory on YouTube and the demo that came with the program. If you did not watch the introductory video, watch it now - it is on the Welcome screen to the right of the selections to start a new project, etc., or in the Help menu, along with the manual.

You can also look at tutorials for Movie Edit Pro, which is just more glorified with many tracks and more features, but the principle is the same.

Vasco 5 looks too much like a toy and I could not properly import and line up a map. Even the map of the world seems to be insufficient for what I want. Thus, I will probably purchase version 7 along with some maps.

Let me know how you make out.

John

Last changed by browj2 on 10/5/2013, 1:17 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos