Comments

CidBil wrote on 2/19/2019, 8:17 AM

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, I googled the question and there are a number of videos on the subject. This is just one:

Matt-Francis wrote on 2/20/2019, 6:15 AM

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, I googled the question and there are a number of videos on the subject. This is just one:

Thanks. I'll have a look. Have you tried this method yourself? I'm looking for what people here on the forum do, especially with a solid kick and bass combo.

Petet wrote on 2/22/2019, 10:05 PM

Tc works native bundle has a side chain plugin to send the signal to the tc compressor plugin if this helps at all.

sheppo wrote on 2/26/2019, 9:01 AM

Hi @Matt-Francis there isn't a way to do proper side chaining in acid due to its very limited audio routing. The above video is a massive cludge on getting it to work, and comes with obvious down sides...

db audioware has a decent compressor plugin that facilitates audio routing that Acid sorely misses. I've used this a few years back, it works, but I found the compression signal had a delay on it. Maybe it's fixed in newer versions. There's a demo you can try at the link above, and this video explains how to set it up.

I've not used TC Works, as @Petet suggested, so I can't speak for that.

Alternatively you could look at using something like xfer's LFO Tool to fake the side chaining effect. Personally I find this gives a bit more control, but your mileage may vary. It is possible to set up simple midi routing in Acid, so it may be possible to duplicate your bass drum track to route in to LFO Tool and use this as a trigger for the LFO, but I have never tried this.

Matt-Francis wrote on 2/27/2019, 12:58 AM

Hi @Matt-Francis there isn't a way to do proper side chaining in acid due to its very limited audio routing. The above video is a massive cludge on getting it to work, and comes with obvious down sides...

db audioware has a decent compressor plugin that facilitates audio routing that Acid sorely misses. I've used this a few years back, it works, but I found the compression signal had a delay on it. Maybe it's fixed in newer versions. There's a demo you can try at the link above, and this video explains how to set it up.

Alternatively you could look at using something like xfer's LFO Tool to fake the side chaining effect. Personally I find this gives a bit more control, but your mileage may vary. It is possible to set up simple midi routing in Acid, so it may be possible to duplicate your bass drum track to route in to LFO Tool and use this as a trigger for the LFO, but I have never tried this.

Thanks very much! I watched the video in the first reply but it seemed a bit convoluted so I'll give dbaudioware a try..

Petet wrote on 2/27/2019, 6:57 PM

I put the sidechainer vst on my drum track and then place the compressor on the channel I want to compress and hit the key input and it'll start pumping. It one of my many acid work arounds :)

Matt-Francis wrote on 3/1/2019, 6:36 AM

Downloaded the demo but it keeps having these weird fade outs. I'll try your second suggestion.

sheppo wrote on 3/1/2019, 7:59 AM

If it's cutting out the sound entirely every few seconds that might just be a limitation of the demo, to force you to purchase it?

Matt-Francis wrote on 3/1/2019, 8:36 AM

Yeah, that's probably what it is. I'll give it another try and see if I can get what I'm after but not sure I want to fork out $80 if I can find another solution.