Comments

Rednroll wrote on 7/19/2021, 10:14 AM

I've never run into a situation where Rewire automatically connected when having 2 apps open that supported Rewire. There's usually a couple steps in each app to setup to get rewire enabled between the 2 apps.

As an example since I have AP and Reaper installed on my system. To Rewire Acid as a slave and Reaper as the host, I have to insert a track into Reaper, then in that track's FX insert, I need to add Acid Pro just as if Acid was a plugin. Upon inserting that FX, then Acid Pro launches just as if it were a VST plugin. Within Acid when it launches, it will set it's audio device as a Rewire device under the Preferences>Audio Device setting. So this was all triggered by me 1st having to insert Acid as a Plugin FX in Reaper, without doing that they remained separate apps functioning independent of each other.

In reverse order where Acid is the host and Reaper is the slave plugin, I need to select "Insert Soft Synth" in Acid Pro, then select Reaper under the listed Rewire devices.

So in both instances, they were never connected to each other, until I inserted the other app as if it were a plugin in the host app. To disable the established Rewire sync, I just need to bypass the Reaper/Acid plugins, the same as I would do if it were a VST plugin.

From the Acid help menu it also states,

"You can switch out of ReWire mode by choosing a new setting from the Audio device type drop-down list on the Audio Device tab of the Preferences dialog."

However, what I have noticed is that once Acid is launched as if it were a plugin, I haven't been able to go into that audio device preference setting in Acid and change it back so it is connected to my sound card instead of the "Rewire Device Driver"

Rednroll wrote on 7/19/2021, 10:25 AM

My guess would be that if you're using another app at the same time as Acid, and they're automatically syncing via Rewire, then that other app may have a preference setting which is checked and enabling Acid as a rewire device automatically, and therefore there should be a way to disable/bypass it in those same preference settings.