How to change zoom range on a picture in Photostory 2015

taylowa wrote on 11/12/2014, 8:10 PM

I'm creating a slideshow mainly with the wizard and I'm noticing some of the zoom is cutting off heads.  I would like to change the start/ending location so that way it will not cut off important things (or zoom in inappropriate locations).  How do I do this?  I found the effects option but when I move the box it moves it for that section and not for the entire frame so it jumps back and forth and still ends in the same place.

Comments

browj2 wrote on 11/13/2014, 7:06 PM

Hi,

I have PS2013.

On the Arranger at the bottom of the screen, make sure that you are on Timeline. If not, click the timeline mode button at the very left, bottom. Go to your image that you want to change. Click on it. Click on the effects tab, then View & Animation, Size & Position. Note that below this screen there is a keyframe section and you will see Image size/position and some diamonds to the left of this. Click on the first diamond; this is a keyframe point. Move or resize the image in the screen by using the handles around the edge or by using the dialog box in the right window. You can change the zoom using the slider. If the first keyframe is not at the beginning, drag it there. Go to the next keyframe and click on it. Change the size and position and zoom to be what you want. If it is not at or near the end (right side) then drag it there.

Do this for every image that you want to modify. Note that you can do other effects the same way, such as rotate, angle and shape (tilt) etc.

You can add keyframes if you wish to zoom in, then zoom out, or whatever you want. Read up on this in the manual.

Enjoy!

Last changed by browj2 on 11/13/2014, 7:06 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos