How to change default crossfade length?

Phil-Thompson wrote on 2/17/2024, 2:31 PM

You'd think I'd know by now, since this is/will be the fourth version of Samplitude I'll have purchased over the years (and always have adjusted the default crossfade). However, I can't remember how to do that -- I cannot recall how I go about changing the default crossfade length.

The manual tells me to open Crossfade editor by selecting some objects and then clicking the icon for the Crossfade editor. However, even with my cursor in "Object Mode," and with objects selected--two segments of a wave contacting one another--already with the automatic crossfade happening--the program tells me "No Objects Selected," and will not open the Crossfade editor.

Help please. Thank you.

Comments

Phil-Thompson wrote on 8/7/2024, 1:05 PM

Wow, short memory. I was searching for this to see if anyone's asked it - and it was me, 6 months ago.

So it must be true: there is no way to change the default crossfade length when splitting an object? You gotta be kidding me.

SP. wrote on 8/7/2024, 5:51 PM

@Phil-Thompson How about simply setting the global Crossfade length via the object editor's Fades tab?

Phil-Thompson wrote on 8/12/2024, 1:21 PM

Thank you SP!

To recap (and for other people googling it), in order to change the default crossfade length, I

• Double-clicked an object to open the Manager/Docker
  • Chose its Object Editor tab within the Manager/Docker
  • Edited the crossfade numerical values
  • Changed the global durations with the drop-down menus labeled Fade-in and Fade-out

I think maybe I had a different manual before me when originally asking about this last February. I see stuff like "selecting some objects and then clicking the icon for the Crossfade editor" and think I must have had the wrong document in front of me!

Again, thank you. :)