Comments

emmrecs wrote on 11/28/2018, 8:52 AM

Hi welcome to the Magix forums.

You need to email infoservice@magix.net and tell them you wish to cancel your subscription. Cancellation will take effect exactly one month from the date on which Magix receive your email.

If another payment becomes due between the date that you send your notice of cancellation and the date, one month later, when the cancellation actually occurs, you will be charged that additional payment. You can find more details about this and about what information to include in your email in this thread.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Last changed by emmrecs on 5/6/2019, 7:54 AM, changed a total of 5 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

LouPer wrote on 12/24/2018, 8:42 AM

I just emailed sales@magix.com to do the same and recieved an "Address Not Found" message. I am about to uninstall 360 and install Acid Pro 8 Suite. Please help. Thanks.

johnebaker wrote on 12/24/2018, 6:38 PM

@LouPer

Hi

See this cancellation policy document for the contact details.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

LouPer wrote on 12/25/2018, 7:37 PM

Thanks John, I appreciate the help and have sent the request to shop@magix.net.

Update:

I was able to cancel with no problems.Thanks again.

Angge-M wrote on 3/18/2020, 9:14 PM

HI! I'd like to ask about cancelling my 30-day trial. Will it be through emailing you guys about cancelling?

emmrecs wrote on 3/19/2020, 5:47 AM

@Angge-M

Welcome to the Magix forums.

Please read the other posts in this thread and follow the advice offered.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Gary-LaPalm wrote on 5/21/2020, 12:08 PM

You guys really don't make it easy for people to cancel their subscription, do you? I just want to cancel my free subscription before i am charged for this software. I emailed and am waiting on a response. You should just have a cancel my subscription option rather than try to rake in more money from people. This has now become my number one reason why i don't like your service. I am writing here to confirm more of a paper trail.

SP. wrote on 5/21/2020, 12:26 PM

Can't you just login on Magix.com with your username and password and cancel your contract under 'My contracts'?

emmrecs wrote on 5/21/2020, 1:43 PM

@Gary-LaPalm

In addition to what @SP. wrote, please be aware these are user to user forums, not a contact for Magix Support. Hence, there is no point in writing You guys really don't make it easy for people to cancel their subscription. As fellow-users we have nothing whatsoever to do with any Magix policy.

Jeff
​​​​​​​Forum Moderator

Gary-LaPalm wrote on 5/21/2020, 2:02 PM

@SP. @emmrecs I don't have a contract it was a free trial but i will be billed after the 30 day trial. My credit card information was already taken. Sooo.... under "My Contracts" i dont have one. there is no other way other than email to try and take care of it. I understand these are user to user forums. Thats why i am writing this here. So that other users may be aware. and to also have additional paper trail. Again like i said, and this forum is affiliated with Magix, its a shame that you cant just cancel a trial without going through this horrible process..

megat-haziq wrote on 6/19/2020, 2:26 AM

How to cancel subscription?

emmrecs wrote on 6/19/2020, 4:40 AM

@megat-haziq

Welcome to the Magix forums.

Please read the whole of this thread. All the information you need is here in the earlier posts to this thread.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Tenzin-Namsay wrote on 1/12/2021, 6:39 PM

Hey, Is email the only way to cancel your subscription

emmrecs wrote on 1/13/2021, 4:43 AM

@Tenzin-Namsay

Yes.

johnebaker wrote on 1/13/2021, 9:24 AM

@Gary-Lapalm

Hi

. . . . I don't have a contract it was a free trial but i will be billed after the 30 day trial. . . . .

But you do have a contract, you set it up as part of the subscription during which you get to try for free for 30 days before the fee is due and taken. You must cancel following the procedure as detailed in the subscription confirmation email you received.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

sara-mohammed wrote on 9/25/2021, 3:54 AM

am i should waiting 1 month to unsubscribe my contract?

emmrecs wrote on 9/25/2021, 5:02 AM

@sara-mohammed

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are asking but, as I understand it, cancellation takes effect 30 days from the date on which you notify Magix that you wish to cancel. So, the answer to "when should I cancel" (which is what I think you are asking) is "as soon as possible". If a payment becomes due before the 30 days have expired you will be charged for a further subscription period.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Damien-H wrote on 9/28/2021, 7:31 PM

If you want to cancel payment immediately, just cancel the direct debit within your bank account. That should do it.

ps, emmrecs, this is the official magix forums, linked from their website directly, therefore it is where users would expect magix staff to be keeping an eye on, to sort out serious issues, so stop with the whole were not magix nonesense. You might not be magix, but this is a magix property. We are on an official magix website.

emmrecs wrote on 9/29/2021, 3:22 AM

@Damien-H

These are the "official Magix user to user" forums. Whatever you may believe, there are NO Magix staff who regularly post here. All the moderators are NOT Magix staff, we are all fellow-users so it is not nonsense, we are NOT Magix.

Please read the Community rules, especially #2 section 4, which make clear the exact status of these forums and of those who post here. You may not like it but that is the situation. Yes, Magix provide the hosting for this forum but it is NOT an official Magix website, it is a forum.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Damien-H wrote on 9/29/2021, 3:56 AM

So magix provide the hosting, link it from their website, and every product page, and presumably own the domain? Unless Im wrong, do you guys own the domain? Is it fully independent?

This is absolutely a magix website, but is run by its customers, who provide the customer service and advice that magix fail to. However no matter what kind of system that magix set up on this domain, average customers would expect that their staff are at the very least keeping an eye on it, and possibly even replying to the most serious of issues highlighted on this forum. Most particularly billing issues.

I havnt come here to chat, Ive come here to get an issue sorted, because I cannot get an answer from their customer service. So ive come to their forum to do so. I will not read t&cs, like an average human being, I just clicked on the support links they provided me with on their website, and I ended up here.

You really should, as a customer and not a memer of magix staff, be advocating for customer rights and decent treatment of customers. And of course, you should REALLY, REALLY be advocating for decent customer service from Magix.

Although I hazard a guess that some mods are actually magix staff, "acting independently".

One final thought, imagine something illegal happened on this forum, do you think that mods would be held responsible? Probably if they had something to do with it directly, but it would be magix that bear ultimate responsibility as owners and managers of the domain.

JuanCarlos-AcuaCanto wrote on 11/5/2023, 8:12 AM

Hi welcome to the Magix forums.

You need to email infoservice@magix.net and tell them you wish to cancel your subscription. Cancellation will take effect exactly one month from the date on which Magix receive your email.

If another payment becomes due between the date that you send your notice of cancellation and the date, one month later, when the cancellation actually occurs, you will be charged that additional payment. You can find more details about this and about what information to include in your email in this thread.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

This is a horrible way to handle subscription cancellation! I want to cancel because I don't need another year of the service and now I'm supposed to wait for you to charge me for another year?

emmrecs wrote on 11/5/2023, 8:50 AM

@JuanCarlos-AcuaCanto

As previously noted in several earlier posts to this thread, these are user to user forums, not any contact for Magix staff. So we are not making you wait ... to charge [you] for another year. I'm not sure why you think you need to wait; you should inform Magix of your wish to cancel your subscription as soon as possible.

Magix Cancellation Terms are made quite clear in section 3 of this page.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

JuanCarlos-AcuaCanto wrote on 11/5/2023, 8:59 AM

@JuanCarlos-AcuaCanto

As previously noted in several earlier posts to this thread, these are user to user forums, not any contact for Magix staff. So we are not making you wait ... to charge [you] for another year. I'm not sure why you think you need to wait; you should inform Magix of your wish to cancel your subscription as soon as possible.

Magix Cancellation Terms are made quite clear in section 3 of this page.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Don't defend this, it's 2023, the only reason to handle subscription cancellation vía email is to make it harder for users to un subscribed, in the current year you dont even need human interaction to process these kind of requests

SP. wrote on 11/5/2023, 10:42 AM

@Marko-Bagge Date of the cancellation is the time you send your e-mail to infoservice@magix.net. So no need to wait for a response