How to apply an update if I can’t close the program to update it?

jackjulius wrote on 8/9/2022, 12:40 PM

I just downloaded acid Pro suite, for Windows 10, version 10… And I went to update it because an update popped up I clicked on update… It went through the process… asked me if I wanted to update it immediately or when the program is closed I said immediately… went through the process it said do I want to update and I clicked on install. and it crashed saying I have to install when the program is not running… But it wasn’t running in the background it was closed… I re-opened it and then had to re-run the install… Second time was successful is there a way to avoid all of this?

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/9/2022, 1:37 PM

@jackjulius If I remember it correctly the update installer is temporarily saved under C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Local\Temp\MXUpdate.exe

After the download has finished just look in this folder, copy the EXE file to some other location. You can then start it manually or back it up for later usage.

If this is not the correct folder then search your hard drive for the MxUpdate.exe with the Windows search function. It could take a while but Windows should be able to locate it.

Don't close ACID after the download has finished because it's possible the file will be deleted. You need to copy it first.