How do you update Acid Pro 8?

Hibbo wrote on 11/12/2018, 5:23 AM

Hi, i'm seeing people saying they're running version 8.0.7 (233) of Acid 8, and i'm still on 8.0.3 with some major bugs, yet I cannot find a patch or likn anywhere on the Magix site or an option anywhere within the software to 'update'.

How on earth do you update to the latest version, all I want is a stable 64 bit Acid Pro 8, is that too much too ask hahaha.

Comments

CidBil wrote on 11/12/2018, 7:13 AM

In the Help Menu, there's an option "Update Progamm online"...HTH

Hibbo wrote on 11/13/2018, 12:19 AM

In the Help Menu, there's an option "Update Progamm online".

Not on mine there's not, underneath 'Check for news' I just have:

About...

ACID Home Page

Deactivate the Software on this PC...

Download instruments and Loop Collections...

ACID-Support wrote on 11/13/2018, 5:31 AM

Hello @Hibbo!

Up to this point, links to updates have appeared on the Newsfeed on ACID Pro 8. After selecting the Newsfeed box on preferences and restarting the program, a window should pop up with the link. If it doesn't, the installer for the trail version on the MAGIX website is usually up to date with the latest version. You can use that installer and register the software with your serial number.

Best

Bea

Hibbo wrote on 11/15/2018, 7:16 AM

Hello @Hibbo!

Up to this point, links to updates have appeared on the Newsfeed on ACID Pro 8. After selecting the Newsfeed box on preferences and restarting the program, a window should pop up with the link. If it doesn't, the installer for the trail version on the MAGIX website is usually up to date with the latest version. You can use that installer and register the software with your serial number.

Best

Bea

This did the trick thank you, any idea why I don't have the 'update program online option' though?