How do you synchronise video and audio? I am in despair!

profmpatterson wrote on 10/2/2008, 2:21 PM
I purchased 'Rescue Your Videotapes' from Amazon and was delighted with the ease with which the Magix Movies on DVD 7 allowed me to record a videotape on to my PC (running Windows Vista). However, on playback the sound and image were out of sync and gradually got worse in the course of the movie. I tried adjusting the video/audio offset, but it made no difference. Clearly, my videotape has not been 'rescued', since the digital recording is useless in its present form. Several correspondents to the forum have reported this problem but I could not find a satisfactory answer. Unless I can synchronise video and audio, I shall have to return the package to Amazon and write a very negative review about the product.

Comments

eaglet wrote on 10/4/2008, 9:12 AM
I am having exactly the same problem and I have also been unable to resolve it.  I hope someone can give advise on this otherwise I too will have to return this product.
Jimmi wrote on 10/9/2008, 8:58 AM
I have exactly the same problem... the audio isn't even close to being synched to the video... it's about 2 seconds adrift on every DVD I burn.  Not happy at all, everything else has gone very well, but this is a basically useless end product.  All my old home videos are all out of synch and thus very annoying to watch!

Can anyone offer any advice please?
rich78 wrote on 10/27/2008, 12:21 PM
I'm also having the same problem, it's becoming a nightmare, has anyone got there's sorted?