how do you remove generated music from a photostory slideshow

hcw2020 wrote on 2/17/2009, 11:01 PM
I somehow generated a soundrack for a photstory 7 slideshow I have been working on I want my own custom music and can't figure out how to remove the generated one because when I add mine I get 2 song at the same time.

It shows a somehing from the first track with a dash line and microphone at the bottom  but I didn't use a microphone however. I just acts like an overdub.

Version 7 of photostory
XP Pro

Comments

Lazerboy wrote on 2/18/2009, 9:44 AM
Hi,

if you use the timeline mode (NOT storyboard mode) you can delete any object. So go in the timeline mode, just mark the object and klick delete. If there are linked objects you can ungroup audio/video via the edit menu.

There is one crazy case: If you used an automation there might be a problem. In some cases there are more tracks used than visual, means the music could be on a track that you cannot see. This will not happen if you create a PhotoShow by "hand", but if you use the MovieShow Maker it can happen. In this case I have only one idea: Render it and import it back as videofile. In this case you can delete the complete sound track. But that is not a comfortable solution.....